Welcome to Potter’s Army

Potter’s Army is a roleplaying site that's been up and running since 2007. We pride ourselves on fostering a welcoming and helpful community where all levels of writers are accepted.

In this alternate universe, Lord Voldemort is dead, but so is Harry Potter. Factions continue to fight, Hogwarts educates the next generation of witches and wizards, and the Ministry of Magic does its best to hold everything together.

It is 2030 in the Wizarding World

Help us get new members by voting below

Honeydukes Topsites Top 50 RPGs Top RPG Sites
Word Counter

words: 0

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate
Jenna
Boot-Corner
19 : Alumnus
NonePrivate Tutor
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Sel

View user profile

BOOT-CORNER, Jenna

on Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:05 am

JUNIPER TESSA BOOT-CORNER
______________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION

FULL NAME: Juniper Tessa Boot-Corner

NICKNAMES:  Jenna

ALLEGIANCE: Potter's Army

HOGWARTS HOUSE: Ravenclaw / Gryffindor

CLASSES: whatevers available

WAND: Ebony, unicorn hair, 13 1/2 inches, rigid

PLAY BY: Kristen Grant

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOUR: light brown

EYE COLOUR: hazel-green

COMPARATIVE HEIGHT: tall

BODY BUILD: kind of average?  She's fit, but not super athletic.

GENERAL APPEARANCE:

Jenna wears a lot of black at school, since it's just an awesome colour that goes with everything and makes her feel badass.  In the holidays, her wardrobe is way more vibrant, since her dads were in the war against Voldemort and their daughter getting around looking like a Lestrange would just be weird.

PERSONALITY

TRAITS:

Warm
Enthusiastic
Intense
Easily bored
Oblivious
Jumps to conclusions

LIKES & DISLIKES:

Black
Sugar quills
Knowledge

The Snitch
Teachers
Routine schoolwork

GOALS:

Straight Os on her NEWTs
To found an alternative magical school for Britain.  One can hardly argue that Hogwarts is safe anymore...

HABITS & QUIRKS:

Has a tendency to pick up and drop projects quickly.  
Doesn't judge success by conventional standards.

BOGGART: Death of any of her family

PATRONUS: A family holiday to France

DEMENTOR: The Hogwarts Battle

VERITASERUM: Even though she's been interested in lots of people, she doesn't think she's ever been in love.

MIRROR OF ERISED: Right now?  For the magic to go back to normal.

PERSONALITY:

Jenna has a lot in common with Michael when he was a child.  She's bright and outgoing, especially enthusiastic about her self-directed learning.  Being Ravenclaws themselves, both her dads have encouraged this rampant curiosity.

However, much to their dismay, Jenna also lacks the self control to follow through on her ideas.  She has a habit of learning as much as she thinks she needs before leaving off, regardless of whether it benefits her.  In her muggle school, it led to continual bad grades and comments about not fulfilling her potential.

Jenna is adept at dealing with people, whether it be through befriending them or via manipulation, although manipulation is unlikely to be used if there are other options.  She also has a habit of jumping to conclusions, but still waits for her suspicions to be confirmed before acting on them.

FAMILY & POSSESSIONS

BIOLOGICAL FATHER: Michael Corner

LEGAL GUARDIAN: Terry Boot

SIBLINGS:
Three kids from Terry's previous marriage might technically be siblings, but Jenna never knows exactly how to classify them.

OTHER:
Lisa Boot, Terry's ex-wife

BLOOD STATUS:  Halfblood

SPECIES: Human

SOCIAL STATUS: comfortably middle class

PET/S:
owl for postage

OTHER POSSESSIONS:

CHARACTER HISTORY

EARLY YEARS:

Sixteen years ago, Jenna was left in her father's arms.  She has never met her mother and has no idea who the woman is (at this point, she has no desire to find out).  

Jenna was raised by a single parent until she was five, which was when Terry married her father and became her legal guardian.

Despite the dark magic in the world for most of Jenna's life, she had a happy and indulgent childhood.

HOGWARTS YEARS:

Jenna began Hogwarts in 2022.  As a first year, her primary concern was getting into the same house as her parents.

So far, she's seen out a triwizard tournament - as a spectator only, Jenna's heard too many stories to put herself up for that kind of trial -  Death Eaters as her teachers, and escaped from a large battle.  The only reason she still goes to this school is because there aren't any better alternatives.

ADULTHOOD:
n/a

OUT OF CHARACTER

ALSO KNOWN AS: Selwyn

RP EXPERIENCE: 12 years

HOW YOU FOUND US:  I just knew

MAIN CHARACTER:  Selwyn Thorfinn

CHARACTER PURPOSE:  to be a 6th year

RP SAMPLE: n/a

Last edited by Jenna Boot-Corner on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate
Jenna
Boot-Corner
NonePrivate Tutor
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Sel

View user profile

Re: BOOT-CORNER, Jenna

on Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:46 am
Aaaaand Done
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate
Khaat Lupin
40 : Alumnus
NoneDirector
St Mungo's
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Khaat

View user profile

on Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:37 pm
Okay, wait. I'm a bit confused. Please help me clarify. Boot is on our canon list. Comer, although part of Rowling's canon, is not on our list--not that we're not discussing whether or not we can add Comer. We are discussing that.

However, I'm a bit confused by a bit in her history. Perhaps its a mis-type? You said Jenna was raised by a single parent until Terry married her father? Okay, so, I am presuming you mean Terry married Comer. So, then, how does Lisa figure into Jenna's life? And wouldn't her sibs be, legally at least, adoptive sibs (which would make them, here in the US at least, legally siblings. The biology thing sorta becomes a mute point b/c here the adoption thing makes them technically as full a family as if they had been born to their adoptive parents.)

Not saying I oppose what you want to do, because I personally think its a plausible idea. I just want to be sure I'm on the same page and that I understand who's who and how they relate to Jenna.

Jenna
Boot-Corner
NonePrivate Tutor
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Sel

View user profile

on Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:05 am
Lisa figures into Jenna's life because she has custody of Terry's kids and most men want to stay in touch with their kids. That means Jenna would have some interaction with her by necessity.

I don't know if Terry & Lisa's kids would be her adoptive siblings or adoptive half siblings. I don't think it matters too much.

The thought behind the adoption thing is that in the UK & here, the names on a child's birth certificate are considered their parents regardless of their genetics. So Michael is her natural father because that's what it says on Jenna's birth certificate. But Terry adopted became her legal guardian to ensure that if something happened to Michael, she wouldn't be put into care just because he wasn't related to her.

Also I just looked it up and it should be legal guardian, not adoptive father. I'll fix that. So Terry & Lisa's kids really wouldn't be her siblings.
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate
Khaat Lupin
40 : Alumnus
NoneDirector
St Mungo's
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Khaat

View user profile

on Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:02 am
Thats' fine, and i'll allow it. Thanks for the edits.

Accepted and sorted into Ravenclaw!

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum