Vacation to Tuscany - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Vacation to Tuscany  - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Vacation to Tuscany

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vacation to Tuscany  - Page 4 Empty Re: Vacation to Tuscany

Post by Isobella Donohue Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:04 pm

"I have a few pieces myself of Native American art but not this many." Bella said looking at it all taking everything in. "Maybe subconsciously he was already thinking of having a family. Sometimes we do things like that without knowing we are. His subconscious knew that he wanted a family before he did. Well it's the perfect place to have a big family. Ok, I'm just gonna keep looking at everything."

Seeing him walk towards the kitchen she began to look more around the living room. She walked up to the stained glass and admired the craftsmanship it took to make it. Touching it carefully Bella smiled and thought that if she would get a house she wanted stained glass somewhere in it.

Hearing him come back from the kitchen with the mug of cider. "Thank you," She said accepting the mug from him and taking a small sip of the liquid. "Mm that's really good, it's already warming me up. Yeah she was running around all day after her nap excited because we are going on vacation. I don't think I've ever seen her more excited, not even when I brought the cats home." She smiled as she walked over to where Rose was laying and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Okay, that sounds good. She'll enjoy waking up to her friend next to her. I'm sure she'll end up more excited in the morning than ever." She said laughing softly knowing her daughter loved having a friend who loved most of the things she did. "Well that will be perfect having a room across the hall from her. Please let the nanny or house elf know that she sometimes sleepwalks and not to wake her but just put her back into bed." She took a sip from her mug again as looked over at the fireplace.

Hearing footsteps then Marcus' voice she turned and smiled at him. "Hello Marcus." She walked over to a chair near where Rose was laying and sat down. "I know Rose and I are safe with you both around. It's easy to let down my guard a little knowing you'll never let anything happen to anyone here. I just don't want to impose on anyone by being here though." She took another sip of the cider feeling as though she is imposing though she knew the reason why she was brought here. It was unusual for her to have someone be worried about her safety, aside from her parents, but at the same time it was a comfort.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 1076

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:37 am

"You're probably right," Angus smiled. "When I met him, he said he was going to be a bachelor for life.  The more that I got to know him, the less I believed him on that. He threw himself into his work and said he was just going to be an auror for life.  

"But when Khaat needed help and he took her in, they honestly believed they could just be roommates indefinitely.  He was lonely, and she was just getting over her husband leaving her, so, yeah.  I thought the whole roommates thing was doomed before it started.  There was no way they weren't setting themselves up for more than roommates.

"But they've always wanted the house to be someplace where people could just kick their shoes off and make themselves feel at home.  So--I'll take Rose, and you just make yourself at home," he said, picking Rose up. "I'll be right back."

He took Rose upstairs. 

"You're handling it rather well," Marcus smiled. "People usually get creeped out by bodyguards. You're not an imposition, though.  If Angus saw James tonight, then having you and Rose to stay the night is an excellent choice.  You're welcome to go anywhere in the house that you like.  

"Its pretty simple, really. Gym and indoor pool in the basement.  The pantry, kitchen and dining room are that way on this floor," Marcus pointed behind him. "Down the hall on this floor is Brian's office, one of Robert's potions labs, the boys' playroom, the girls' playroom, laundry room, etc., etc...

"Upstairs are mainly just bedrooms for family, staff, and guests. And every bedroom has an ensuite bath.  

"When you get a chance, you'll have to have Angus show you the grounds in daylight. There's a large barn, a stables, guest houses, a greenhouse, riding trails, an outdoor pool, kids' play yard,...well, you get the idea.  Brian has a real dedication to making the place as self sufficient as he can.  He wants to make sure he's provided for the ones he loves as best he knows how.  And he wants people to enjoy it.  So, Angus is right.  Feel free."
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 391
Special Abilities : Ecological Empath

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:36 am

Bella smiled and said, "Sometimes even friends know that about other people. I'm just glad that they have each other and they have a beautiful family." She took another sip as she looked over at the fire then back at Angus. "I kinda envy them because I wish I had that with my husband. Before he died it was like he was a completely different man than who I married." Shaking her head as if to clear it she smiled softly. "Sorry don't mind me," She said blushing slightly as she got up and went over to Rose. She kissed her head softly then whispered softly to her, "Good night baby girl, dream of flying ponies and butterflies." She stood and stepped back so that Angus could pick Rose up. "Okay, thank you Angus."

Looking at Marcus she smiled softly, "My mother has body guards around her all the time as well. She's, let just say, a little too paranoid about everything. So I'm guess I'm used to in a way, I just think of them as protectors of the innocent." She said smiling at Marcus. "Yeah Angus told me about James, I'm just glad that he stopped by when he did. Though I think I'm gonna get fat on his cooking, it's soo good."

Bella listened to where everything was and said with a small smile. "I'm sorry but I'm gonna end up lost anyways. I'm really good at getting myself lost no matter where I'm at." She said with a giggle at the memory of her and Rose ending up lost five blocks from home. "Oh that would be lovely to see the grounds in the daytime. Everything here reminds me of home and it's so welcoming here. I'll try to make myself at home but it may be a hard thing to do."
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:51 am

Angus took Rose up to the girls' nursery and found the kids--all of them--camped out on the floor on pillows, all at Robert's feet as he sat in a rocking chair in the nursery and read to them from one of the kids' favorite bedtime storybooks. The kids were very nearly all asleep.  Angus saw that he needed to be very quiet to avoid waking them all again. 

Robert looked up and saw Angus with one more tiny tot--a guest at the estate for the night.   He merely gave Angus one slow nod, a nod of understanding and then he glanced pointedly at one of the spare beds in the room.  

Suki, one of the house elves, seemed to come out of nowhere, and she opened the bed for Angus. Angus put Rose there, took her shoes from her, not bothering to change her into pajamas. Suki handed him a stuffed toy gryffin and tucked it under the blankets with Rose, while Angus covered the tiny child.  

Robert's voice had fallen silent.  Angus looked around to see the kids were all asleep.  He and Robert moved the boys next door to the boys' nursery and tucked them into their beds and then returned to tuck Abbey, Dakota, and Julia into their beds in the same room with Rose.  

Angus took a moment to explain, in a very soft voice, about Rose and the need to bring them here tonight.  He left Bella's instructions with the night staff for the children.

Then he went across the hall and made sure Bella's rooms were ready for her and had everything she needed--extra blankets and pillows in the closet, plenty of towels in the bathroom, etc. He made sure that the fire was lit in the fireplace to keep the room warm.

Downstairs, Marcus was talking with Bella. "So we're not going to be entirely strange to you. Thats a good thing.  The Minister is specific that he wants his daughter and his grandchildren protected beyond all else, beyond himself.  So, thats what we do.  

"I have to agree with you about Angus's cooking, though," he laughed. "I've worked in places where they were proud of the fine credentials of their chefs but,...well, lets just say I'm very very glad there is a good gym downstairs. And the riding trails make excellent running tracks in all sorts of weather."
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 391
Special Abilities : Ecological Empath

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:37 pm

Rose snuggled into the bed taking the griffin holding it close to her little body. She rubbed her eyes and said sleepily, "Night ggie." Soon she was fast asleep again her legs tucked up making herself into a little ball. She started snoring very slightly effectively out of the night but more than likely wouldn't get up until morning.

Bella drank the last of her cider as she talked with Marcus about the house. She laughed softly at his words and said, "Compared to my mother, everyone here is normal. My mother has a weird fascination to having bodyguards around her at all times. The one thing that's really strange about it she has them wearing certain clothes that she thinks makes them 'match'." She shook her head at her mother's odd way with her bodyguards. "I don't blame the minister the least bit, I would do the same if I was in that position. It won't put you at a disadvantage if Angus is gone will it? I don't want to take away any protection from anyone here."

"He made us some chocolate creme cake for dessert tonight. Rose loved it, she had it all over her face and none of it was left on her plate." Bella said laughing softly as she shifted slightly in the chair. "Well I'm a chef but I'm not as good as Angus. I think I may have to have him teach me a few things in cooking. I'm sure that if his cake was that delicious that everything else is just as delicious."
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Belby Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:43 pm

"He hasn't told you, then, has he?" Marcus gave her a smile. "Why am I not surprised? When he started cooking for Khaat and her kids, he put himself through culinary school.  He's a certified executive chef.  He's a partner in a restaurant in America, but that's mainly an investment thing for him now.  Anyway, he's had the control of the kitchen here for a long time. 

"He made his version of Italian Creme Cake, didn't he? Its one of my favorites.  He doesn't do it much, and that's probably a good thing, or I'd be dashing back to Saville Row for new suits. But this household demands from him are his fresh cinnamon breakfast rolls.  They're huge--and they're wonderful. 

"Of all the assignments I've ever done, this one probably has some of the best food," Marcus said. "My last assignment was Bulgaria.  Not that I couldn't survive on Eastern European food, but I prefer the Mediterranean cooking that Angus does."

"Mr. Belby?" Suki asked, coming downstairs from helping put the kids to bed. "Can I get you anything?"

"Is there any tea, Suki?"

"Chamomile or Earl Grey?" she asked.

"One of each, please," he said.  

"Understood," Suki said.  "Shall I send it upstairs, then?"

"Please," he said. The little house elf headed to the kitchen.

"Khaat can sometimes be a bit of an insomniac," Marcus said to Bella.  "A bit of tea and a good book usually does the trick."
Marcus Belby
Marcus Belby
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 182
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:25 pm

"Hasn't told me what?" Bella said with a smile wondering what it was he didn't tell her. "Oh wow, now I now know who can out cook me if I try. I'm definitely going to have to rope him into teaching me something around the kitchen." She laughed softly as she wondered if he would teach her some things.

"I absolutely love it, I had to restrain myself from taking a second slice. It melts in your mouth, I might have to steal him a few times to get him to make some desserts at my house." Bella said teasingly as she relaxed more as she talked with Marcus. Her stomach chose that moment to growl at the mention of cinnamon rolls. She giggled and said, "Sorry the talk of food is making me hungry again."

"I've had some Eastern European food, it was different. I'm kinda got used to the food they served in Paris but I'm just glad that i'm back home with family." Bella said with a small smile thinking about when the last time she was there.

She looked over at the sound of a voice coming from stairs. She smiled at the house elf then looked over at the fire enjoying the warmth of the fire.

"Well Khaat and I have something in common as well. I tend to have a little of it too but nothing seems to help. I've tried everything but when i'm having one of those nights I don't sleep at all." Bella said smiling glad that she wasn't the only one who had trouble sleeping at night. "What all do you do here Marcus? If I may ask, you don't have to answer if you don't want to."
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Belby Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:49 pm

"I'm sure he'll be happy to teach you some new recipes," Marcus said. "And, since he spends a lot of his time in the kitchen, its not hard to find him. With all the people we have here in the house, cooking is a full time job and then some.

"There are, strangely enough, a lot of insomniacs in this house," Marcus said. "Robert does make a very effective sleeping potion.  We keep some here in the house. The house elves can get you a bit if you need it. If you're going to Tuscany, you might want to be well rested.  You're not going to want to miss much.  Its a beautiful place.

"Me? Well, I only really have one assignment.  I was hired to keep Khaat safe--no exceptions, no matter what.  That means I rarely ever leave her.  And, that often puts me in the role of acting as her personal assistant. Whether that's making sure her clothes are tailored or her tea is ready on time--whatever it takes.  

"You said your mother had bodyguards, and I understand that. Usually, though, for Khaat, the threats are real. Worth being a tad paranoid about. My last several years were as the bodyguard for the Bulgarian minister of magic.  In a round about way, thats how I got here.  This is a better fit for me. I never did like stuffy politicians and their foul cigars and the rest of it.  Khaat's usually easy to work for, far less demanding. And, well, she trusts me.  She's not trying to ditch me or defy what I ask of her. And, besides that, I like being around the kids. They remind me of my own."
Marcus Belby
Marcus Belby
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:48 am

"Yeah I can imagine that it's a full time job," Bella said as she thought about all people that lived here. "I work at the Leaky Cauldron, I work as their chef there. Sometimes that's a busy job but cooking for family seems like more fun because your not alone in the kitchen sometimes."

"Yeah, I'm the only insomniac at my house. Rose sleep walks so I try to make sure I'm a light sleeper because of it." She said then smiled at his offer of a sleeping potion to help her. "If it's gets too bad tonight I may have to take you up on that. I've heard such good things about Tuscany that I'm excited to go. It's Rose and I's first vacation to somewhere other than Paris. Though Paris didn't really count since we lived there for a while. I'm just really happy to be able to see such a beautiful place. I brought a camera to take lots of pictures of everything."

Bella listened to him talk about his job and smiled, "Well it's good that Khaat has someone she trusts protecting her. I'm glad that she has you to keep her safe from harm." She said still smiling softly at him. She knew her mother didn't trust any of the men protecting her but her mother didn't trust anyone anymore.

"Yes but the only thing is she doesn't trust them and that makes things difficult for them. I don't understand her reasoning and she doesn't listen when I mention it to her. She'd rather try to get me married off again so that I have someone to protect me. She thinks that girls of my age should be at home caring for their children and cooking for their husband. I vowed never to go to her house again because she keeps trying to set me up with someone." Bella said rolling her eyes at that statement. "I'm glad that protecting Khaat is a better fit for you than a politician. Well I'm glad that she's easy for you to work for and that she's not as demanding. Rose likes being around the kids too but yesterday she asked me when she's going to get a sibling." She laughed softly at memory of her daughter asking for a sibling.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Belby Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:48 pm

"Oh, the Minister is going to like you," Marcus laughed.  "You're the one responsible for those fish and chips he's so addicted to there.  That will get you a few brownie points, I'm certain."

He understood Bella's need to sleep light. "Two year olds aren't supposed to be insomniacs anyway," he said.  "But there's always awake staff here, so--not that its not second nature for you--but you won't need to worry about being the only one able to hear Rose tonight."

She talked about her mother and her pressure that she put on Bella to marry.  "Don't ever marry without it being the right reason, Bella. Never," he said.  "Sounds like its your mother's insecurity that she wants you provided for, but it doesn't have to be your insecurity.  Sounds like you've made the right choices so far for you and Rose. And don't worry about the sibling thing.  They ask for them until they get them. Then they want to send them back.  I know--I've got four kids of my own. They've all wanted to send each other back at one point or another.  Sometimes, I've wanted to send them back too," he laughed.  

He heard a very soft noise outside the large glass living room door that led to the stone deck outside.  He walked quietly over towards the door, his hand ready to draw his wand--but not quiet yet.  

"Psst. Belby!" a voice from outside called.  Marcus rolled his eyes, and opened the door. "Hold your fire."

"Make some bloody noise next time, and I won't presume I need to," Marcus chastised him.  "Sneaky people generally need shot. Not noisy ones. Noisy ones are either friends or stupid. Now--which one are you?"

"Funny, Belby.  Glad to know your sarcasm is intact.  Grounds are secure for the night."

"No. They're secure for the moment. Stay on it. James was sighted tonight. Let's be on alert."

"Roger that," the man said, walking away.  Marcus closed the door again, securing it.

"Are you keeping her company, Marcus?" Angus asked.

"Yes and no. Yes, we were just chatting, but my original purpose was ordering some tea from the kitchen."

"Are they getting it?" Angus asked.

"Suki's on it," Marcus said.  "But I should be getting back upstairs."

"And I'm sure that you'd like to see the basics of things here for yourself before you find your room, Bella?" Angus asked.
Marcus Belby
Marcus Belby
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top