Welcome to Potterís Army

Potterís Army is a roleplaying site that's been up and running since 2007. We pride ourselves on fostering a welcoming and helpful community where all levels of writers are accepted.

In this alternate universe, Lord Voldemort is dead, but so is Harry Potter. Factions continue to fight, Hogwarts educates the next generation of witches and wizards, and the Ministry of Magic does its best to hold everything together.

It is 2030 in the Wizarding World

Help us get new members by voting below

Honeydukes Topsites Top 50 RPGs Top RPG Sites
Word Counter

words: 0

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate
Liesl Dolohov
19 : Alumnus
Dark WitchUnemployed
PurebloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Sel

View user profile

Dolohov, Liesl

on Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:19 am

LIESL CATHERINE DOLOHOV
______________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION

FULL NAME: didn't we just go over that?

NICKNAMES: do you want a wand in your eye that badly?

ALLEGIANCE: Dark Follower, regrettably. It's complicated.

HOGWARTS HOUSE: Slytherin

CLASSES: DADA, Transfiguration

WAND: Ash, Dragon Heartstring, 7 3/4 inches, springy

PLAY BY: Optional, but recommended.

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOUR: Black

EYE COLOUR: Brown

COMPARATIVE HEIGHT: short

BODY BUILD: curvy

GENERAL APPEARANCE: Liesl is pretty. And pretty well developed. Being "genetically blessed" as she calls it, she's well acquainted with what perks attractiveness can get her, which means she looks perfect at all times. Her hair always falls in uniform curls, her nailpolish is never chipped, and nobody has seen her without her eyes outlined in khol since she was eleven.

The Hogwarts uniform is the bane of Liesl's existence. She would much prefer to wear vintage fifties dresses, which accentuate her figure. She would have one of those corset tops only the baddest of badass witches wear, except that her mother says she's not old enough to be seen in public in one.

PERSONALITY

TRAITS:
Easily adapts to change
Astute
Street smart
Friendly
Deceptive

LIKES & DISLIKES:
+ cutting remarks, when she's the one making them
+ people with low self esteem
+ people with low intelligence
+ gossip
+ fashion
+ her shoe collection
+ manipulation, done well
- her height
- older siblings
- the dark followers
- inefficiency
- the school uniform
- bloody Scotland!

GOALS:
Just to not get killed would be really great, thanks.

HABITS & QUIRKS:
She has this strange ability to annoy people she barely knew existed.

BOGGART:
It used to be being hit in the face with a boil hex, but she's grown up a bit and realises there are worse hexes she could be hit with.

PATRONUS: Fondest memory. That's cute.

DEMENTOR: uh... having to move house all the time (see history)

VERITASERUM: Lol. Where she really lives. Awkward.

MIRROR OF ERISED: To become powerful enough that she doesn't need to rely on anyone else for anything.

PERSONALITY: Liesl comes across as a vacuous little girl, only interested in the latest robes and potions. She wants to be friends with the older Slytherins, happy to do favours for them and always agreeing with whatever they've said even if it contradicts something else she's agreed with, because the older kids are popular and she wants to be popular too.

Underneath her shallow facade, Liesl can be quite shrewd. Oh, that doesn't mean she's not interested in fashion or beauty or popularity. She definitely is, but she's also interested in power and getting her hands on some. It's simply easier to hear what higher heads than yours are thinking if you're offering to do their homework for them, than if you try to persuade them you're their equal.

FAMILY & POSSESSIONS

FATHER: Antonin Dolohov

MOTHER: Faith Knight

SIBLING/S: Oh, too many to think of now.

OTHER: I think I'm related to Shacklebolt.

BLOOD STATUS: Pureblood (canon)

SPECIES: human

SOCIAL STATUS: Upper class, poor

PET/S:
ew.

OTHER POSSESSIONS:

CHARACTER HISTORY

EARLY YEARS:

Liesl's early years were very eventful. Her father had taken the opportunity of the instability in Britain to return from Russia, where he'd fled after the first Wizarding War.

Of course, Antonin Dolohov was a notorious dark wizard and although they were of good breeding, the Dolohovs had little money when compared to some purebloods. They couldn't afford to sit back in a mansion protected by spells and charms.

Liesl's childhood was spent moving from one location to the next in order to throw the Aurors off her father's tracks. It was during this time that she learnt to adapt to new situations easily and become friends with anyone, even if she didn't really like them.

HOGWARTS YEARS:

Going to Hogwarts was not at all daunting for Liesl. She was already used to being a stranger everywhere she went, after all, and she had all those older siblings who despite how they bickered would nonetheless look out for her.

So far at Hogwarts, Liesl has little reputation to speak of. She deliberately keeps a low profile and tries to be friendly to everyone regardless of whether she actually likes them, because you never know when a friend in the right place might come in useful.

ADULTHOOD:

OUT OF CHARACTER
[size=11]
ALSO KNOWN AS: Selwyn

RP EXPERIENCE: so much it hurts

HOW YOU FOUND US: I've known you were here forever

MAIN CHARACTER: We'll see what happens

CHARACTER PURPOSE: To be awesome

RP SAMPLE:

have a whole thread
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate
Adrienne Reynolds
20 : Alumnus
NoneDaily Prophet Journalist
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Addie

View user profile

Re: Dolohov, Liesl

on Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:15 pm
Hi! I'm quite sure I've seen you around before, so welcome back! Smile

There are only a couple of areas on your app that I need you to look at again, and that's because another member has made part of the Dolohov family, and you'll need to match your app to theirs. The link is here: http://www.pottersarmy.net/t16209-dolohov-darius?highlight=Darius

Or you can send them a message about it if that's easier! I noticed it a bit in the money areas, and the siblings. Mind, it isn't the biggest deal in the world. But we want to make sure that canon writers have chatted about their families if possible. If things are actually good to go, I'm entirely willing to accept this, based on the rest of the app being all nice and filled out! Sorry for the trouble, of course, but you're welcome to shoot me a message or post here and I'll help you get going! Smile
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate
Liesl Dolohov
19 : Alumnus
Dark WitchUnemployed
PurebloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Sel

View user profile

on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:17 pm
Miseria isn't written down as someone to contact if you want to join the family.

And since I was the first person to make a Dolohov, I assumed the history wouldn't have been altered because you're so keen to make sure the family members match up. Like, my character was deactivated after Darius was created, so how does that work?

I don't really know what you want me to do, since having the family be worse off than their peers was pretty much the whole point of establishing them on the board in the first place.
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate
Adrienne Reynolds
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Addie

View user profile

on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:45 pm
The Family directory is for people who wanted to fill out the form. It wasn't a requirement. Because the character was inactivated, that makes Miseria the current head to that family, and anyone who writes for a character in those families has to be contacted. If you wanted to join the Malfoys, for example, you would have to talk to Eli and Kitty about making sure that the histories line up. Even if you had previously had a Malfoy. In order for the app to be resorted, you'll need to chat with Miseria about it. You're welcome to make another family be worse off if that was your main reason for choosing that character, but it is technically her choice because the character is still active, and she is still posting on the site. It's simply the fair way to do it. The histories change as a new member comes to the site, after all. I took on the Avery family after Eli's character was uncolored, and I changed the whole thing for the sake of my writing style and muse. I think everyone does that, really.

Of course, you're still welcome to send me a PM if you run into trouble while trying to come to an agreement.
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate
Selwyn Thorfinn
23 : Alumnus
NoneDeputy Headmaster
HalfbloodPart Veela
profileplotter
shippertracker
Sel

View user profilehttps://www.etsy.com/au/shop/NovelLane

on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:54 pm
It's fine, I'll just bring back Selwyn. People like him more anyway.
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate
Adrienne Reynolds
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Addie

View user profile

on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:58 pm
That works! I'll move the app, and look at the one for Selwyn, then, so I can add in your pips and things.
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum