Cause tonight I'm feeling like an astronaut sending SOS from this tiny box
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Cause tonight I'm feeling like an astronaut sending SOS from this tiny box  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Cause tonight I'm feeling like an astronaut sending SOS from this tiny box

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cause tonight I'm feeling like an astronaut sending SOS from this tiny box  Empty Cause tonight I'm feeling like an astronaut sending SOS from this tiny box

Post by Maura Goldstein Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:51 pm

Crunch.... crunch.... crunch!
The sound of snow crunching underneath her feet as she carried nine months Ciara Hiroku in her arms.   Holding her against her chest,  Maura looked both ways before she ran across the street to the small cafe that wasn't to far from the grocery store she just got shopping in.  Slipping into the small cafe, Maura went towards a  booth towards the window and got a high chair for Ciara to sit in.  Placing Ciara in it, she looked at the menu before deciding on a bacon cheeseburger and fries for her and some mac n cheese for Ciara,  her favorite meal.  Telling the waitress what she wanted Maura looked at Ciara who's hair was in cute little cucurly pigtails,  it was amazing how much Ciara grew right before her eyes,  she couldn't believe that she'll be one soon.

Looking at Ciara, she realized that she was the only thing that she had left of Ryo,  she haven't seen them since their fight, and honestly quite missed him.  Maura wasn't ok, she wanted everything to go back to the way it was,  but she knew that that may never happen ever again.  For all she knew,  things could be over between her and Ryo,  she hoped not but she was coming to the fact that it probably was.  Maura been staying with Sophia lately,  she couldn't stand to stay in a house that had so much memories to her,  she just couldn't.  Although Ryo saw Ciara,  but he came over to Sophia's house to come and get her, but he didn't see her.  

Maura forgotten what it felt like to be happy or smile,  she haven't smiled in so long,  she thinks that she forgot how.   Of course she smiled when Ciara smiled happily at her,  but it wasn't her real smile,  it was a fake smile that she gave to everyone else she seen.   She didn't want to be seen as weak,  no she wanted to be seen as a strong girl who could take care of a nine months old baby girl on her own,  although on the inside Maura was breaking down.   As Hallie told her, it was a matter of time before she broke down, and to be honest Maura slowly was.  Although she wasn't going to go off the deep end again and go crazy for blood again,  but she was depressed and hurt,  but more confused than anything.

Snapping back into reality as the waitress set their food down,  Maura chuckled as Ciara looked at her with  a  'mummy let's eat I'm hungry!' look.   "At least I have you to make me laugh, that's better than nothing!"said Maura softly but honestly. Digging into her bookbag she gotten out Ciara's favorite plastic spoon with a lion head at the end of it and put it in her mac n cheese.   As she looked around she quickly put a spell on Ciara mac n cheese to cool it down before letting her eat it, as Ciara started eating Maura ate her burger and fries.  She was hungry but she couldn't eat, she was to depressed to eat as always, but she did eat though.  

She just needed someone to lean on and tell her that she was going to be ok,  she didn't believe that she was,  she was lost in confused in all honesty.  Ok...so Maura made mistakes in her life,  people do that in life, she wasn't perfect.   She didn't want to be perfect,  she just wanted things to go back to the way they were,  but her life was more than a fairytale. Maura went through alot for her age,  more than anybody her age should have went through, but it made her stronger.  But as of right now she was weak and needed a friend or anybody  to talk to.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Cause tonight I'm feeling like an astronaut sending SOS from this tiny box  Empty Re: Cause tonight I'm feeling like an astronaut sending SOS from this tiny box

Post by Naomi Mulciber Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:06 am

Oliver was never someone who interfered with the lives of others. He didn't stop anyone in the street to talk, unless they needed help. He didn't talk in elevators unless the other person started it. And he absolutely did not talk to strangers in stores or restaurants. But when he walked into the cafe, intending to get a bit of editing done, Oliver had caught sight of a woman with her baby. At first, he cracked a smile in expectation of a happy mother with her bubbly daughter. But this woman most certainly did not look particularly happy.

Oliver's smile fell, and despite the fact that he moved to the bar and sat down next to the window as he always did when he went to places like this cafe. It wasn't too long before he found himself glancing back at the woman in question. If he had to guess, she was younger than him, but obviously not by much. What could have eaten away at her that she was so unable to even enjoy time with her daughter?

Oliver understood the mixed feelings, to an extent, after losing his sister. But he hadn't had a daughter or son to keep him going. In fact, after he had done a bad job of handling himself, he had alienated people and merely made things worse.

Suddenly, the words weren't flowing like he had expected them to, and Oliver had to close his journal because he knew he wouldn't be getting anything done that day. At least, not until he went home. So, just as quickly as he had come, Oliver was preparing himself to leave. Except, as he passed by the woman's table, his footsteps slowed and he glanced down at the little girl again.

"Your daughter is adorable," he offered, presenting a smile for the mother's benefit.
Naomi Mulciber
Naomi Mulciber
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 292

Back to top Go down

Cause tonight I'm feeling like an astronaut sending SOS from this tiny box  Empty Re: Cause tonight I'm feeling like an astronaut sending SOS from this tiny box

Post by Maura Goldstein Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:46 am

Maura was never the type of person who wanted pity from someone, she was a strong enough girl to make it out of this horrible nightmare on her own. Besides she didn't like people's to see that she was weak, that was a sign of weakness, something that she wasn't. As much as she didn't want to admit it, she was slowly starting to break down, and she was barely hanging on. The only person she talked to was Sophia and Hallie, and they were both busy with their own lives, she just felt lonely. She just wanted a friend or someone to talk to, a friend that she could see every day without fail, although she realized that she wasn't in Hogwarts anymore.

Maura loved Ciara to pieces, but her happiness was no longer there, it was more like forced and her smiles were fake like they were plastered on her face. She hated doing this, but she figured if she tried to pretend that she was happy then she'll beach happy,seems simple enough right? In all honesty she just missed being with Ryo, she haven't seen ages and wondered how he was. Every time she looked at her daughter she seen Ryo, she needed to let go of him, but she couldn't she still had hope that everything will be alright.

Maura in her on world, jumped at the man reply, she been doing that a lot lately, but she had alot on her mind. Maura smiled but her smile wasn't completely all there. "Thanks, and I know isn't she? She's the most adorable baby on the planet!"said Maura tickling Ciara as she giggled. " Oh so rude of me, I'm Maura, Maura Hiroku, and this little girl is Ciara!"said Maura softly but honestly. " Would you like to join us? I sure could use some company. "said Maura honestly.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top