Breakfast time!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Breakfast time!  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Breakfast time!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Breakfast time!  Empty Breakfast time!

Post by Lara Beauchene Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:55 pm

Lara woke up earlier that morning. It was snowing outside, which is why she jumped around all way to the owlery. Soon there will be enough snow for snow bowling, and she only hoped she'll find some friends until then. If not, she had nothing against spending days here, surrounded by owls. One day, soon she thought, she'll have her own owl. She has to.
As usual, Lara was running late for breakfast. Unusually, the great hall was still full of students. She headed toward her table, but the place she loved the most was occupied.
Lara noticed the girl from her house, Chloe. She never had the chance to talk to her, but she seemed like a nice girl who would use a friend.
"Can I sit next to you?" she asked softly, standing next to the girl.
Lara Beauchene

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Breakfast time!  Empty Re: Breakfast time!

Post by Chloe Goldman Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:15 pm

Chloe hated having to get up so early just to be able to have some breakfast before her first class. Which is why she was late to breakfast. There was still a lot of students in the great hall, but not enough to not find a good spot to sit. Chloe sat at a table with the rest of the Hufflepuffs, then started putting food on her plate. After a few minutes of munching down and thinking a voice appeared next to her. Chloe looked up to see a girl the same age as her asking to sit down next to her. "Sure I guess." Chloe said, then went back to her food, pushing it around with her fork in a non interested way.
Chloe Goldman
Chloe Goldman
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Beauchene Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:35 pm

Lara sit down quietly. There was so much food that she had no idea what to eat. She wanted to try everything, but she knew she would get sick. She remembered the first day when some boy ate that much that he ended up in the hospital.
After few minutes, she took toast and bacon. She started eating slowly, but was much more interested in Chloe than food.
She curiously cast a glance to the girl, but she looked so... uninterested. Lara had no idea how to start a conversation.

"Can you pass me the juice, please." she said after few more minutes. "I'm Lara by the way. We're in the same house but we haven't met officially." Lara was smiling gently. She really liked making new friends and she was too young to understand some things. She hoped Chloe will feel better if she has a friend, because she looked so lonely.
Lara Beauchene

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloe Goldman Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:43 pm

All the drama that was going on with Chloe and her family kept replaying in her mind and with every thought her uninterested face got sadder and sadder. Then the girl who just sat down started talking again. Chloe looked up at her quickly. "Oh, um...ok." Chloe said turning towards the juice and picking it up, slowly giving it to the girl because it was heavier than it looked, or Chloe was just that weak.

Then the girl introduced herself. "Chloe. I saw you get sorted by the hat on the first night." Chloe said wondering why this girl would want to talk to a girl who looked as sad as Chloe did. So Chloe decided to pretend to look happier so the girl wouldn't ask what was wrong with her. That is if she didn't already see her sad face. Chloe tried to quickly put on a smile to the girl.
Chloe Goldman
Chloe Goldman
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Beauchene Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:02 pm

Judging by her face, Chloe was in her own world. For a moment she looked like she was going to cry. Lara had that same expression when she found out she can't bring Hunter on Hogwarts. She was the saddest person in that moment. She asked herself if the girl had the same problem. Maybe she just missed her home.
Chloe looked like she awoke from a dream. Her eyes were moist but she covered her sadness with something that looked like a smile. "Thank you." Lara took a jug and poured herself juice. Chloe looked confused for some reason, but Lara had no idea why. At least she looked happier than few moments before.

"Yes, I saw you too. I like it in here. To be honest, I expected it to be more darker. But I'm muggle, I don't know much about this place. How about you?" she took some toast and a sip of juice, watching the girl who only got more confused.
Lara Beauchene

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloe Goldman Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:28 am

Chloes brain stopped for a second, the girl had asked her if she was muggle born too. This made Chloe have think about the answer to that question, which meant thinking about her parent. Chloe tried to keep the smile on her face and answer the girls question without a shaky voice. "I'm half-blood. My mm..mother is a witch and my father is a muggle." Chloe knew that now the girl was going to ask her if she was ok. Why couldn't she have just said that she was half-blood and said nothing else.

Chloe quickly went back to eating her food and not looking back up to see if the girl caught her stutter. Chloe quickly thought about what she was going to do if the girl asked her about her family. Would she lie or would she just yell at her like she did the rest of the kids that asked her about her family. It would be nice to make an actual friend and not just push everyone away.
Chloe Goldman
Chloe Goldman
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Beauchene Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:16 pm

It wasn't so hard not to notice Chloe's reaction. Lara couldn't understand why she acted that way but she was too scare to ask. If she does, Chloe may start crying, since she was already on the verge of tears. And Lara had no idea how to act in those situations. The truth was that she never felt like Chloe. And she seemed to be the saddest girl in the hall. Lara had beautiful childhood and the only thing she missed was sibling. But her parents were more than enough.

But Lara had no idea what's in Chloe's head. She assumed the girl just misses her family, but who knows? That's why she decided to change topic, at least for now. She came here in order to make friend, but Chloe looked like she's not in the mood. That meant that Lara had to try harder.
"So, have you thought about dragons? I would really love to have one." she asked before she returned to her food.
Lara Beauchene

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloe Goldman Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:44 pm

Chloe was happy that Lara had not asked her what was wrong or more about her family. Now Chloe could try to suck it up better and focuse more on making a friend finally. Chloe sucked her quivering lip back in, sat up a little straighter and looked over at the girl.

"Oh, um....I haven't actually thought about the dragons. I don't have any Hurbology classes. If I could though, I think maybe. Having a magical pet would be nice for a change. Are they hard to take care of, since they can fly and all that?" Chloe asked her with a genuine smile on her face. Maybe now Chloe can make a friend and finally start getting on with her life.
Chloe Goldman
Chloe Goldman
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top