Time to enrich the mind (Closed) - Chocola
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Time to enrich the mind (Closed) - Chocola Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Time to enrich the mind (Closed) - Chocola

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Time to enrich the mind (Closed) - Chocola Empty Time to enrich the mind (Closed) - Chocola

Post by Ariella Rhodes Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:04 am

Ariella decided to go out to Diagon Alley to buy some books. She liked to read but this time she is going to buy books on healing. There are always new things and different spells that can help heal people. Hogwarts presents a lot of unpredictable cases for her. It's expected, a school full of pre-teens and teenagers is already chaotic. The girl knew that she needed a refresher so she decided to go to Flourish and Blotts to buy some books to help her with that. It's not like she knows everything there is to healing someone. She knows the basics and everything but she is keen on learning more.

Ariella pulled out a few more books with titles that seemed to be on topic. Of course she would flip through them and look at the table of contents to see what the book had in store for her. That's also how she studied back at Hogwarts and while she was a volunteer at St. Mungo's. She would read the outlines of the chapters first before diving into them. It always helped her process what she just read better than when she would just dive in head first.

She nodded with approval and closed the book before moving on to look for at least one more book about the different hexes that exist already and the counter hexes for them. It seemed like the students at Hogwarts were coming up with new hexes everyday, but she knew that they existed way before they and herself were even born, she was never really exposed to hexes at St. Mungo's. It was more of accidental things, or very serious cases where the person needed to be taken care of twenty-four seven.

A book caught her eye and she reached out to it. Ariella pulled it off of the over packed shelf and opened the book to look at the table of contents. It had some things to do with spells and hexes, and some parts of the books were about the counter spells. Should I get this, too? She pondered as she looked at the two other books she already had in her bag. I think I should, it has what I need in the book, yes I should buy it. She nodded and put the book into her bag. The girl was about to walk up to the counter until she noticed a familiar face walking into the store. After a moment she realized it was Chocola. She smiled and waved at her former upper classmate.
Ariella Rhodes

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Time to enrich the mind (Closed) - Chocola Empty Re: Time to enrich the mind (Closed) - Chocola

Post by Chocola Meilleure Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:34 pm

Chocola had came to Flourish and Blotts for look book about dragons. She wanted to learn more about them now awhile she was working with them. She knew so much about them as she had read from the files.

She looked now around the shop. She tried to find some books. She saw there and there few books. She took them and even read a little bit what was written on them. She did put few books back too. They were children books basically. They had very many pictures and very less text. She didn't need it.

She saw one girl waving at her. At first she couldn't tell who it was. She soon realized who it was. She walked to her. "Hey Ariella," she said with a smile now. "How have you been?" she asked then now even. She really missed talking with her old friends.
Chocola Meilleure
Chocola Meilleure
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Time to enrich the mind (Closed) - Chocola Empty Re: Time to enrich the mind (Closed) - Chocola

Post by Ariella Rhodes Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:27 pm

Even though Chocola was three years older than Ariella the two managed to meet or more like bump into each other in the Hufflepuff common room when they were both students. They chatted here and there throughout the school year. Their friendship has always been scratching the surface. Ariella doesn't want to go too deep, even though her past is probably not the worst but she still doesn't want to discuss it with anyone. Even her mother doesn't want to talk about it, so Ariella decided not to dwell on it either. What's the point of dwelling on the past anyways?

Ariella was going to walk to Chocola but she saw that she was approaching her so she stayed where she was. The girl looked down at her bag and saw that she had at least three books in there. How am I going to have time to read all of this? She thought as she heard Chocola ask how she has been. She looked up and saw the former Hufflepuff standing before her.

"I've been great, you?" Ariella responded with a smile. She has been great, nothing unfortunate has happened recently, well for her anyway. She's not sure about everything else. Of course she can't discuss anything about the Order with her. Ariella also tries not to reveal the fact that she's part of the Order, so her family won't be in danger. "How about you?" She asked her.
Ariella Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post by Chocola Meilleure Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:12 pm

Chocola had friends from her own house and also from other houses. She was quite popular girl back in Hogwarts. She liked always meet new people and still does. Even yeah they weren't that close friends, they still did get along well and it was good thing for sure. Chocola didn't talk that much about her past too back then even if she knew lot about it.

After few seconds walking she was close enough to Arielle, so she stopped walking towards her now. She smiled awhile she said how she have been. It was good to hear that she have done great.

"I have been good," she said then there and it was true. She finally has job and now she just is missing someone with who she could spend her rest of life. Of course there will be time when she wants to go again to travel but that she can do only when she has vacation from her work.
Chocola Meilleure
Chocola Meilleure
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariella Rhodes Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:59 am

Ariella smiled, glad that her friend was good. If only their relationship could be deeper than this. She yearns for a deeper and rooted friendship, but she always had this trust issue nagging her, telling her that everyone she met couldn't be trusted, even her fellow order members. She has tried but that wall is always up there and it has to be torn down by someone, but she isn't sure who. Ariella isn't sure if Chocola would like a deeper friendship with her but it seems like she does. Maybe she can be trusted... But that thought soon faded.

She nodded as silence began to build up between the two women so she decided to speak up. "What are you doing now?" The girl asked. She was curious as to what her friend is doing. There were so many people who didn't know but she knew that Chocola had a goal, even if it wasn't spoken out loud she can tell that Chocola was a determined person. Ariella is pretty determined herself so she can somewhat see herself in Chocola.

Another reason why Ariella chose to be friends with Chocola was because the two of them have similar backgrounds. Both of them are muggleborns and the two of them actually bonded over that. Of course Ariella didn't tell Chocola about her life in Korea. It's kind of obvious that she looks nothing like her father and brother, so it's obvious that her step dad isn't her biological father. She didn't really mind if people knew, she was glad she had a father that was actually there instead of absent from her life.
Ariella Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post by Chocola Meilleure Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:12 am

Chocola had no idea how deeper exactly there realtionship could be but she needed for sure more friends in her life. She had pushed everyone away for herself when she did went to travel around the world for years.

"I work now in Ministry. With Dragons," she said there now. "It's been like that few months. Before that I did travel all around for five years by myself," she added then there and smiled. "What about you?" She asked back now.

Chocola yeah is muggleborn whose parents doesn't understand still that magical world still and they don't want too. Cho didn't get along with her mother anymore. The closest one in her family was her only little sister.
Chocola Meilleure
Chocola Meilleure
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariella Rhodes Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:34 pm

Ariella nodded as she listened to Chocola talk about what she did now and what she did before she started working for the Ministry. Ariella did feel a tinge of anger when she mentioned the Ministry. Mr. Pierce was not someone she would want to work for. Of course Ariella isn't going to rebuke her for working in the Ministry, Chocola chose to work there. "Wow, you must have gone to a lot of places during those five years." The girl responded. "Where did you go? Did you have fun?" She asked, her curiosity taking over.

The Healer has always been a curious one. Her mother would always tell her how she has been asking questions ever since she learned how to talk. Of course Ariella doesn't believe that but she has to, who else witnessed her as a baby? "Me? I work at Hogwarts as a Healer." Ariella replied with a small smile. She liked working there, especially when the days were busy. That's what she liked about St. Mungo's. the business of it, but at Hogwarts, the Hospital can be quite dead some days.

"I never knew you liked dragons." Ariella said to comment on her working with dragons. Ariella was sorted into Hufflepuff for a reason. She maybe be brave in some cases but she definitely would not be able to work with such dangerous animals like, dragons. "They're so big, and scary. I can't imagine what working with them is like." She shuddered a little at the thought of being near one.
Ariella Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post by Chocola Meilleure Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:52 pm

To he honest she went there at first as intern but ended up working there. She just liked her work and it's good excuse to be away from home too. She also needed her own money so she could buy apartment. "I went basically everywher. Paris, London, Madrid, New York and so on. The list is vert long one," she said there now honestly with a smile. "Of course I had so much fun in these five years. I won't regret it at all," she added then.

"Oh there was time when I thought becoming it too. Actually Indid for few weeks but then did quit. Before traveling. It wasn't for me," she said there again with a smile. It waa totally true what she said. She did work as healer in St. Mungos.

"Too be honest I myself didn't know it too. Just I went as intern there at first. I needed to find job so my mother woulf stop nagging about it. So here I am now," she said honestlt now thwre again. "They are but baby ones are cute ones," she said nkw with smile.
Chocola Meilleure
Chocola Meilleure
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariella Rhodes Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:07 am

Ariella felt a little jealous that Chocola was able to go to so many places for five years. Maybe she should have done that instead of jumping into being a healer right away, but then again she does have time during the holidays. Not many students stay during the holidays and she could just apparate to wherever she wanted, instead of buying a plane ticket to where she wanted to go. Of course the girl would have to be out of Hogwarts in order to do that. No one can apparate in and out of Hogwarts.

"Sounds like someone had fun." She said with a smile. Ariella doesn't regret choosing to jump into her career early. She's quite happy that she did, she will definitely have a good retirement fund after working for so long. But Ariella would like to travel once in a while. She has always longed to go somewhere else besides Korea, for some reason her mother always wanted to visit the motherland.

Ariella wasn't sure if she heard right. Chocola wanted to be a Healer? If the former Hufflepuff remembered correctly Chocola didn't seem like the type who would like being in a hospital setting. "Really? I had no idea you were interested in becoming a healer." She said trying not to sound too surprised.

The former Hufflepuff nodded when Chocola mentioned that she didn't know she wanted to work with dragons. It did take a while for Ariella to find out what she really wanted to do, so it makes sense that Chocola took some time also. "Life is full of surprises." She said shrugging her shoulders and smiling. It's true, life was definitely full of surprises.
Ariella Rhodes

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top