Too hot - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Too hot - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Too hot

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Too hot - Page 2 Empty Re: Too hot

Post by Amber Lockwood Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:30 pm

While Brice kept drinking his butterbeer, Amber's remained untouched. She was too curious about the whole subject and when he agreed on telling her more about it, she was more than happy. Pushing herself closer to the table, Amber relied on it with her elbows and locked her eyes on the young man as he started speaking.

It was an interesting perspective he offered to her. Here, in Hogwarts, they did not study herbology in a sense of it being a terrible weapon. In fact she did not even think once of having a plant as a weapon which could be considered a part of the dark arts, but suppose one learned every day.

She was not so much surprised by the role of the potions; after all, one could create terrible poisons and therefore she had listed it to the dark arts long ago, but then again potions were essential to her. She was still interested in healing and all the other processes related to it.

“But I can imagine they were very interesting,” Amber pointed out, sad that she had never experienced such lessons in her life. Certainly she would be a lot smarter than she was now. But his words made her smile. Mark his words. Regardless, that was only his opinion and she could envy him peacefully in her head.
When silence fell, Amber did not find any reasons to break it, however she was curious why he started staring at her. At first it was uncomfortable, but then again she was so used to it. Girl loved to wear the types of clothes that would attract attention on the streets, although the clothing itself was not exactly the lightest. Her boots were pierced and heavy, she had many bracelets around her wrists and her nice and lip were both pierced. Besides that Amber had a very pale skin that did not tan at all. If anything, she would pull off a nice ghost.

But in the end, with his grin, she arched her eyebrows up a bit:”Are you challenging me, Brice?”
Amber Lockwood
Amber Lockwood
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Brice Volkov Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:04 am

Brice let out a smile. She clearly beat all others.  More than ten seconds already was a long time when he stared at people, but one minute was clearly the winner. He wondered if he had lost his skill on doing these stares, but then again, Amber seemed strong willing. He relieved his stare and said:

"Maybe I was. Maybe not. But if I was, you are a contest winner. But not against me. "

With that, he smiled and looked at her eyes again. This time it wasn't the penetrating look though. In fact it was an amused look, with a smile that seemed more "original" than the other ones.

"You really are different than everyone that I met before..  I like that. You seem like someone who isn't afraid to say what you really think. It's rare to find someone like you."

With that, his smile widened and he finished his butterbeer, before looking at Amber again.
Brice Volkov
Brice Volkov
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 134

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Lockwood Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:48 pm

Being the challenging one was never her intention, but when she met a competitor, Amber did not back away. So, even when he admitted she could beat many others, she did not look away. “But you admitted the defeat first,” the girl said, pouting slightly. Not that victory without an award mattered much to her. But it was still fun, sort of. To see which one of them would lose the self control first.

“If you would look around, you would see many people who dare to state their opinion,” Amber started, surprised that he suddenly complimented the side of her not many liked. After all, not everyone respected the opinion of another person, especially if that was not even asked. “You really need to move around a lot more If you want I can show you around, but then again, the school year will start soon so you will meet many different people. And, knowing from my own experience, Slytherin's are quite straight with their opinions as well.”

She smiled back at him. As a Ravenclaw student it had always been easy for her to get along with the Slytherin students. They just had this easy going relationship between them.

“But thank you. Not many appreciate that trait.”
Amber Lockwood
Amber Lockwood
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Brice Volkov Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:50 pm

Brice looked like he doubted that everyone liked to share their opinions. After all, many of them were just tools for the others to use. Or at least it was what he thought it was like.

"Then maybe I'm just unlucky with finding nice people. I hardly find people that are so exposing with their opinions. I like listening to their ideas. Some of them make you change your mind, you know?"

He then started spinning a golden ring with a crest on it on his finger, apparently thinking about something. He then fixed his jumper on him, as well as his hair.

"Everybody says I'm overly neat. I have no idea what they are talking about." He said that with a slight comical tone and a smile on the corner of his mouth.

He was running out of things to say, so he thought that he should probably get some nicer clothes for the day. It was too hot for an jumper. He kept looking down all the time, fixing the ring, or the jumper, the shirt, or whatever he could, just to spend time thinking.
Brice Volkov
Brice Volkov
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 134

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Lockwood Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:14 pm

Silence fell and at first Amber did not pay any attention to it. In fact she rather enjoyed it for she could observe the surroundings and occasionally examine the newbie as well. He was an interesting young man, she had to give him that, with some odd eye contact perks. Nobody had beaten him in that? She liked a challenge and would she have no manners, Amber would simply declare a competition. That was how she rolled.
Instead, now she sat silent, sipped her butterbeer and kept glancing around when she suddenly realized what the time was. She had to keep going in order to make all things in time! Drinking the bottle till the last drop, Amber got up and smiled:”I will be going now,” she announced, but she smiled as she was leaving. “It was nice meeting you, Brice, hopefully we will talk again sometime in the future!” Amber said as she waved her hand and finally left the building.
Amber Lockwood
Amber Lockwood
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum