I Hate You, Don't Leave Me
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

I Hate You, Don't Leave Me Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

I Hate You, Don't Leave Me

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I Hate You, Don't Leave Me Empty I Hate You, Don't Leave Me

Post by Hallie Cooper Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:01 pm

Dear Theo,

I am sorry for walking out. I shouldn't have done it, I was mad and needed time. I needed time to think about the situation you'd dropped me in. You have to know your daughter isn't the problem, she isn't going to be easy but like you said she will be a warm up for our own child. The issue lies with the fact that your family are ruthless. They make me sick, they make me want to find something to get them with an have them sent to the dementors. Do you realise how prejudice they are? The Rookwood name may seem dandy and fine to pureblooded but to everybody else the name means nothing. It is a name people associate with snobs, insufferable snobs who are so prehistoric in their method of thinking the last person the public want on the Wizengamot is a Rookwood.

I hate to insult your family, I could imagine that I've offended you and I am sorry if I hurt your feelings but I can't help the way I feel about your family. I think we need to meet in person to discuss our future. Will you, please?

Love Hallie

Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

I Hate You, Don't Leave Me Empty Re: I Hate You, Don't Leave Me

Post by Theodore Rookwood Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:08 pm

Dearest Hallie,

I have to apologise, also, for the way I treated you. As on the spot as I was - am - I shouldn't have given you the same dubious luxury. I hope within regards to that you can find it in you to forgive me. She truly is not unpleasant - barring, that is, her sweet tooth which I think will take me to the dentist with her before long at the very least in terms of some sort of precautionary measure. Ridiculous though this weather is, I tried the hot chocolate out on her. It went down a treat.

As per my family, I will respectfully decline to agree with you. They are a lot of things - some bad, some good. I'm not very different in that respect. I am them. They are me. We're all as bad as each other. We're all Rookwoods. That's no excuse, of course. Whilst I'd rather you didn't actively seek something that could upset my family's position, I doubt now there would be anything left to find. After Uncle Augustus went to Azkaban they got exceptionally thorough.

The fact of the matter is that everyone else's opinion doesn't mean anything to us. The opinions we value are those of our contemporaries, those we wish to marry our children to and those we wish to do business with. We desire to excel and to dominate and to end up where we feel we belong - naturally, at the top of the pile. Thus, the opinions of, I am sorry to say, Half-Bloods and Muggle-Borns are, largely, irrelevant. Insufferable snobs we may be but we perform a highly important function. Although, I doubt you would be able to appreciate it as you are now. Perhaps I could make you see.

My family is one you are a part of Hallie, ultimately. My relationship with them is always going to be awkward and difficult. I'm not going to pretend I am any different from them. I have a few ideas of my own that I think, personally, are a little bit more progressive than our prehistoric tendencies would suggest -- and I was good on the Wizengamot. Just, for the record.

May I have at least a precursor to what you intend to discuss about our future? I would much prefer us avoiding further arguments, thank you.

Affectionately yours,

T.R.

Theodore Rookwood
Theodore Rookwood
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:21 pm

Dear Theo,

I'm still mad, unbelievably mad. Yet I forgive you. I forgive you for not giving me any hints about your daughter - who may I add is simply adorable. I'm presuming she takes after her Mother, bar the hair. I'm sorry for calling her names, I know how the Rookwoods can be when it comes to their pure blood traditions. I guess they are just being protective. Not that that justifies them paying a woman to keep quiet, forcing her to raise a baby on her own and trying to rid of me. I forgive you, Theodore, but I will never forgive them for what they did to me.

Your daughter sounds sweet. I'm not surprised about the hot chocolate, it won me over in the Headmaster's office. Although you may want to try and not succumb to her sweet tooth, like you said, the dentist would soon become a close friend - an expensive friend.

Of course I wont actively seek anything against them, I should, but I wont. They mean a lot to me and you, albeit can be a pain in Merlin's behind, mean a lot to me. More than I could ever have wanted you to mean. I love you. I love you, not them. Whether they are a part of you and you them I don't love them, I love you and the good that I see in you.

It means a lot to me that you aren't entirely like them. You're not a death eater like Augustus. You're not entirely alien to the act of love. You don't perform unforgivable curses on family members. I thank you for that, if that were the case then lets say we wouldn't have gotten as far as pregnancy!

In spite of that I do have my doubts. You didn't seem overly against sending your daughter away, hiding her as to not put a tiny dent into your family crest. It may be something you regret but at the time you didn't object, I know I wasn't there but if you really did want to be a Father then you would have fought for your family. It is this that is making me question our future and by our future I mean our compatibility and how we would raise our child.

I'm pretty busy trying to research more about the Forest of Dean and the ancient enchantments set up by previous Order members and death eaters. If you would prefer we write and discuss the matters I am fine with that, although I think we will need to see each other face to face sooner or later. Let me know when you're ready and available.

Love Hallie xx

Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodore Rookwood Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:59 pm

Love,

When Cressida and I were together it was a nightmare for my family. What I pigheadedly failed to realise was that there was a reason for them acting the way they did. It wasn’t a good reason but a lot more goes on with our my family’s way of life than just the case of whose blood is purest. It’s about breeding, money and status. It’s all very Austen, you see. Cressida didn’t have anything in any capacity. I was in love with her, of course, but upon finding out, they went barmy. I didn’t fight what I wanted for. I let her go. I didn’t do anything for her I just let everything fall apart. It was ridiculous, in hindsight. I only hope that I can make it up to them both by raising Esme.

Aside from that, I want to square it with myself. Hence, maybe, sooner rather than later a dentist visit would probably be good. Ha!

Anyway, look, it’s difficult. Everything’s a little crazy. I do want to talk. Sooner, rather than later. I’m sorry, again.

Yours,

T. R.

Theodore Rookwood
Theodore Rookwood
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:20 pm

(OOC: I just re-read the mess that I've posted in the previous two letters. Apologies for typos and, well, poor writing?)

Dear Theo,

I can imagine they did go barmy, considering how your Father acted when he met your new edition to the family - although I wont bring up Henry Yewbeam from now on. I know that if you had your way you wouldn't have allowed him to hire an assassin, after all it was you who saved my life. Did I ever thank you for that?

Everything here at Maura's is running smoothly. She has been doing a lot of work at St Mungo's recently, trying to tally as many hours now that she's officially a healer. She's a hardworking girl, always has been, and I know only too well how much effort is needed when starting a career!

Ciara is well. It's amazing how grown up she seems, which is weird seeing as she's four months but I feel as though she already has a personality. I guess that is the joys of parenthood, watching your child grow and develop.

I am free this Saturday if you are ready to talk? I can rearrange my schedule to suit any time that is best for you - if you're not working? I think a location besides the house is best. Maybe Babbity Rabbity or Grimmauld Place?

Love Hallie x
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top