AARLA, Luke
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

AARLA, Luke  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

AARLA, Luke

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AARLA, Luke  Empty AARLA, Luke

Post by Luke Aarla Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:53 am

AARLA, Luke  Luke_h10

Luke Calvin Aarla
______________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION

FULL NAME:Luke Aarla

NICKNAMES:  The Thief (by people who know his source of income.)

ALLEGIANCE: Luke is neutral but may feel inclined to join the Order or the ministry.

HOGWARTS HOUSE:Ravenclaw, Slytherin

CLASSES:Potions, DADA, Divination

WAND: Maple, Hippogriff Talon, 11 Inches, Unbending

PLAY BY: Cameron Bright

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOUR: Brown
    [/b]
    EYE COLOUR: Bright blue

COMPARATIVE HEIGHT: Average

BODY BUILD: Lean

GENERAL APPEARANCE: Luke is averagely attractive, and is always pale. He has medium to long length hair that is always left free to do as it wants. However it never looks out of place. He always has a clean face with no pimples. He isn't very muscular but and his body is nicely toned.

PERSONALITY

STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES:
    -Highly intelligent, though his grades aren't always the best.
    -Good leadership capabilities, although he can be unsure of himself at times.
    -Always knows what to say, unless he is taken by surprise.
    -Confidant......This sometimes gets him into trouble.
    -He is very skilled at charms and defensive magic. However transfiguration and astronomy are his weak areas.
    - He is good at potions and finds he can easily remember recipes and any improvements he makes. However he is not good at recognizing what ingredients look like.
    -He is very talented at divination. And always receives outstanding marks on all tests he takes.

LIKES & DISLIKES:
    -Books
    -Reading about subjects he does not know much on
    -Guys
    -Dueling
    -Being around people.
    -The color blue and green.
    -Fish and chips
    -Potions class
    -Politics (most of the time)
    -The word restricted.
    -Stealing things
    -Candy
    -Art
    -Fashion
    -Money
    -Autumn
    -The great lake
    -Places he can go to be alone when he wants to
    -POP music

Dislikes:
    -Unnecessary violence
    -The Dark
    -Politics (Only when it gets in his way)
    -The site of blood
    -Being alone (though occasionally he will want to be alone)
    -Not having money
    -swimming
    -Not being able to be clean
    -Thunder
    -Summer
    -Spaces that can be perceived as infinite.
    -Harming others on accident or on purpose
    -Taking things that don't belong to him

GOALS:
    -To become the youngst Minister of Magic.
    -To have influence in as many places of power as possible
    -To find the person of his dreams.

HABITS & QUIRKS:
    -Bites fingernails
    -Talks out loud to himself when he thinks about something that is complicated or distressing.
    -Often will make references to muggle TV shows.
    -He likes to take the fastest route places.

BOGGART:
    Coming out as gay and have his friends and family shun him.

PATRONUS:
    His mother taking him to Diagon Alley to buy his school supplies for the first time.

DEMENTOR:
    Finding his dog dead in the fields behind his parent's house.

VERITASERUM:
    That he is gay.

MIRROR OF ERISED:
    To become the leader of the magical world.

PERSONALITY:
    -Luke is a very lonely person even around people. He struggles with wanting to come out as gay and being afraid that his friends and family will leave him. He loves the idea of being in love and feels that if he could find that special person his life would instantly become better.
    -Luke is extremely loyal to his friends and family. To his enemies though he is cold. While he hates the thought of hurting anyone accidentally or unnecessarily he sometimes feels joy over it. He often finds his hate for causing harm is outdone by his joy for it, and fights to keep such feelings away. It would probably cripple him emotionally if he were to kill someone on accident or on purpose. Though he can honestly say that at times he is unsure if this is true.
    -Luke is very confident and therefore has no issue running straight into trouble. However he doesn't always take the time to plan out his actions and can find himself in trouble or worse. His favorite pastime is taking things that don't belong to him. While he understands what he is doing is wrong he finds that he has a hard time controlling himself.
    -Luke usually finds it very easy to get people to do what he wants and often enjoys the benefits. Though he wouldn't intentionally manipulate a friend and feels guilty if it accidentally happens. He finds that lying is very easy for him, but he has gotten so used to it that he may lie without realizing it.
    -Luke has a obsession for food and has a few stashes of candy and snacks hidden in the castle. He also often sneaks out of bed and goes to the kitchens for a midnight snack.
    -Despite having a rich family he has a separate bank account that he stores things he has stolen as well as money he has earned in it. He doesn't require his family to pay for the things he wants or needs. He has this account more out of not knowing where to hide the things he steals than keeping them as trophy's.
    -His favorite bird is a sparrow and imagines if he could turn into an animal it would be a sparrow.
    -Luke is very intelligent and is considered gifted. However because he does not find his classes challenging enough and loses interest therefore his grades are not always the best. Although he does find Divination truly fascinating as almost all members of his family are seers. Although he has not yet spoken a prophecy.

FAMILY & POSSESSIONS

FATHER: Jacob Stevens

MOTHER: Claudia Aarla

SIBLING/S:
    Clark Aarla (20)
    Troye Aarla (10)
    Cassandra Aarla (21)

OTHER:
    Mark Aarla (Vampire) (deceased) (never met)
    Nathan Mills (vampire) (Created into Aalaran blood line by Mark Aarla.) (Aarla family considers Nathan and Mark as a couple.)
    Constance Aarla (Aunt)
    Cody Aarla (cousin)
    Kevin Aarla (cousin)
    Many other unknown Aarla (at least 20 others)

BLOOD STATUS:Mixed blood  

RACE: Human

SOCIAL STATUS:Wealthy

PET/S: None

OTHER POSSESSIONS: None

CHARACTER HISTORY

Early Years:  Luke was born in his family home instead of a hospital. By 8 months he was saying simple words and by age 3 he was speaking in perfect complex sentences using a giant vocabulary. He could read extremely complex books at the age of 5 and by 7 he had already begun to show a knack for magic. In the muggle world he would be considered gifted.

At age 8 was when he began to explore the country around his house on his own enjoying the forest and the lake near his village. He even learned many song bird calls so he would have winged friends. It may have helped that he could use magic to call them to him. He remembered the first time he left the village with his aunt. He was 10. He got his letter to Hogwarts on his 11th birthday. It was not until his mother took him to Diagon Alley that he met other witches and wizards outside of his family. He even met his first vampire that day when he met Nathan Mills. He was amazed to learn that he was even related to this vampire though he wasn't sure exactly how until he asked the vampire while at Hogwarts.

Hogwarts Years:  Luke loved the day he boarded the train for Hogwarts. His first and second years were filled with new excitement for him. He enjoyed learning the basic spells as well as learning about the school in general. He would often be up late at night exploring. He even learned how to avoid detection by teachers and prefects (usually through trial and error.)

During his second year he was told by his divination professor that his family were an ancient line of seers that were often found in the courts of the many kings and queens that used to rule over ancient Britain. From then on Divination became his favorite class and once that he had no issue scoring top marks in on every test.

His third fourth and fifth years served to be even more exciting than his first two for these three years he didn't even go home for Christmas holiday so that he could learn more about the school. By now he had taken to exploring the forbidden forest. He found the creatures to be astounding as the forest he was used to at his family's mansion as it was only filled with deer and birds. He learned how to move around them without being seen although he was always fearful of the creatures in the dark that he couldn't detect. It was by now that he opened a separate account at Gringotts so he could hide the growing stack of things he was taking from others.

His sixth year was when he became aware of the fact he is gay. He often found himself staring at the boy in the chair in front of him in class or at his best friend. He even told his best friend who did not take it well. He would have spread the news around the school if Luke had not whipped it from his memory.

His seventh year is his current year.

BEHIND THE CHARACTER

ALSO KNOWN AS:Taylor

RP EXPERIENCE: 5 or so years

HOW YOU FOUND US: Oh years ago.

MAIN CHARACTER: Nathan Mills

PURPOSE OF CHARACTER: To provide a student character

Last edited by Luke Aarla on Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:53 am; edited 6 times in total
Luke Aarla
Luke Aarla

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

AARLA, Luke  Empty Re: AARLA, Luke

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:53 am

Glad to have you back!!

Let me know if I can help. Perhaps I can give you some ideas that might fit with site plot that would give him a bit of a different spin, if that's what you're looking for!

K.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22298
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Aarla Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:05 pm

I would love any ideas. Very Happy I wrote 4 pages on just his personality this morning so I'm almost done, but I want to add a bit more.
Luke Aarla
Luke Aarla

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Mills Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:55 am

I think I want to spend another day on Luke. I'll update him soon. Smile
Nathan Mills
Nathan Mills

Number of posts : 18
Occupation : Librarian and Deputy Headmaster at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:02 am

ok. sorry. its been a weird week. rofl
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Mills Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:46 am

I know how you feel lol. Unfortunutly I didn't get a chance to write today since I'm working I am not sure if I will be able to do anything until Saturday. :/

But I'll try Very Happy
Nathan Mills
Nathan Mills

Number of posts : 18
Occupation : Librarian and Deputy Headmaster at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:29 am

np!
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Aarla Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:18 am

Luke's App is done. Very Happy
Luke Aarla
Luke Aarla

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:08 pm

Taylor--

I think, really, what you have here is a Slytherin trying to be a Ravenclaw. He's definitely not a Gryffindor. If I had to sort him today, I'd probably need to make him a Hufflepuff because he has that Hufflepuff loyalty, but he also has enough traits of enough other houses, that it makes him a bit scrambled and eccentric. And I dont' think that's what I'm hearing you want for him.

I get the feeling you want him to be a good guy, with a bit of a dark edge to him. That's fine, but I'd like to see you perhaps pull back that dark edge and make it a little less. Right now, it comes across to me as making him somewhat confused. I often like to portray people that are really good guys, and strong characters, but who also have a bit of a darker edge to them. They're not easy to design and not easy to play. But--I think I'm hearing that's what you want to do. Correct?

Pull back on the dark edge. Make it something, maybe, that he doesn't like in himself and has to fight to keep control over. A good guy is going to be quick to recognize that negative stuff inside and is going to be working to develop all sorts of failsafes to keep that dark stuff under control. It's good internal conflict for Luke. Perhaps he would also be a character that would work well with a good guy mentor that also has that dark edge.

I can see him perhaps pairing up with a couple of my stronger characters and learning from them how to reel that stuff within himself that he doesn't like, along with perhaps honing some of his other abilities.

If you want him to be a Gryffindor, the key to them is not just loyalty but self sacrifice--either for love or for the greater good. If you want him to be a Ravenclaw, he has to be really on a quest for some sort of learning. Whether its academic skills--and most of the good Ravenclaws we have had have had at least one academic subject that they excelled at--or whether its at street skills--being rather saavy at street skills and wanting to hone those to use to not just get their own needs met but also are committed to the greater good and the ones they love.

Does that help?
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:01 pm

Taylor,

Its been two weeks since you made the app. I can give you a few more days but I can't give you much more than that.

Let me know how I can help.

k
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top