Welcome to Potter’s Army

Potter’s Army is a roleplaying site that's been up and running since 2007. We pride ourselves on fostering a welcoming and helpful community where all levels of writers are accepted.

In this alternate universe, Lord Voldemort is dead, but so is Harry Potter. Factions continue to fight, Hogwarts educates the next generation of witches and wizards, and the Ministry of Magic does its best to hold everything together.

It is 2030 in the Wizarding World

Help us get new members by voting below

Honeydukes Topsites Top 50 RPGs Top RPG Sites
Word Counter

words: 0

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate
Adrienne Reynolds
20 : Alumnus
NoneDaily Prophet Journalist
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Addie

View user profile

Reynolds, Adrienne

on Sat May 25, 2013 1:12 am

Adrienne Marie Reynolds
______________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION

FULL NAME: Adrienne Marie Reynolds

NICKNAMES: Addie (likely only used by her best friends), Enne (not used so much), or even A

ALLEGIANCE: Potter's Army

HOGWARTS HOUSE: Gryffindor, Ravenclaw

CLASSES: Transfiguration, DADA

WAND: Rosewood, Unicorn Hair, 11 inches, springy

PLAY BY: Nina Dobrev

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOUR: Brown, with a pink streak on the left side of her face.

EYE COLOUR: Dark, sometimes called chocolate

COMPARATIVE HEIGHT: Average

BODY BUILD: Slender

GENERAL APPEARANCE: Adrienne has rather long brown hair, with side bangs, that she usually has curled or tied back/put up in some way. The pink streak in her hair is what she considers her distinguishing feature. She's pretty much average height for her age, and almost never wears heels (unless she has to) so she's not going to appear taller on regular days. She doesn't have any freckles. Her eyes are often described as being "chocolate" colored, and some even say she can see right through someone with them.

When she's not wearing school robes, she prefers to dress nice all the time, minus the heels (If she needs to wear nice shoes, she goes for nice sandals or flats). She's almost always seen wearing shorts or a skirt - rarely in jeans. She never goes overboard on her makeup, preferring to keep it simple. She loves wearing scarves, even if it's not winter, and has an impressive collection of them. Over all, she's always well put-together - if she's not, something is wrong - and classy.

PERSONALITY

STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES:
    Her strengths include the ability to focus in classes, her desire to achieve her goals and help others do the same, her ability to move past bad experiences with class, her wit and snarky attitude, her strategic nature, and her comedic nature that gets her through most rough spots.

Her weaknesses include her impatience which pops up now and again, her inability to let many people get close to her, her feeling that she needs to hide her emotions, her joking attitude that is often used as a shield (though it's sometimes used for good, as mentioned in the previous section about strengths), and her stubbornness.

LIKES & DISLIKES:
    Likes: Adventure, flying, solving puzzles, joking around with friends, being dramatic, music, learning new things, guys with crooked smiles, reading, the color purple (the actual color, not the book)

Dislikes: Liars, pranks, cold weather, people with no sense of humor, people who think they're better than everyone else

GOALS:
    1. Graduate from Hogwarts with Os on her NEWTs, and a job waiting for her.
    2. Have one moment where she feels truly free.
    3. Find out where her brother is.
    4. To prove herself brave and able to take care of people.

HABITS & QUIRKS:
    Habits: either curling or putting her hair up, twisting her hair in her hands when she's nervous or embarrassed, biting her bottom lip when she's concentrating really hard

Quirks: is very snarky with her best friends and crushes/boyfriends, almost always has a book in her hands/bag, when she's laughing extremely hard her laugh sometimes is silent because she can't breathe, tends to try to be the motherly figure for younger students.

BOGGART: That her younger brother, Wyatt, will get hurt while she's away at school.

PATRONUS:

DEMENTOR: When she was told of Asher's disappearance.

VERITASERUM: What happened to her brother (see history). (Only her very closest of friends/very serious boyfriends may end up finding out about it)

MIRROR OF ERISED: To be able to get really close to someone - as a best friend or a boyfriend. This is because she's scarred after losing Asher, and has an irrational fear that anyone close to her could disappear. Her greatest wish is for someone to teach her how to let people in again.

PERSONALITY:
    Adrienne is pretty outgoing, but she does her best to just make what she calls "surface-friends", so she is friends with, but they aren't extremely close to her. She's terrified that if she cares about someone, they'll end up like Asher, so she doesn't really let herself get involved. She'd love to learn to let someone in, but it's difficult for her.

Kind of as a shield, she's a bit of a comedian. She loves using her wit and snarky nature, especially directed at her friends and crush. If she feels awkward, she'll attempt to ease the tension with some kind of joke or sarcastic comment.

She's a big reader, and loves learning new things. She's very good at memorizing things, so she rarely forgets a face or a fact about someone. She's also very strong-minded and strong-willed. Her stubbornness sometimes gets her in trouble, but she really can't help it.

FAMILY & POSSESSIONS

FATHER: Thomas Reynolds (British)

MOTHER: Natalia Reynolds (née Bellerose) (French, Muggle)

SIBLING/S: Asher Reynolds (older; missing)
    Wyatt Reynolds (younger)

OTHER:
    Grandmother: Fortula Reynolds

BLOOD STATUS: Half-Blood

RACE: Human

SOCIAL STATUS: Upper-Middle Class

PET/S: None

OTHER POSSESSIONS: Asher's watch (which she keeps on her nightstand), her journal (used for writing stories more than writing like a diary)

CHARACTER HISTORY

Early Years:
    Adrienne was born to Thomas and Natalia Reynolds as their second child. Her older brother, Asher, was very much her protector. Growing up in a split household, she learned quite a lot about both wizards and muggles, and found that she has no problem with muggles, like many of the wizards she knows do. However, she became extremely cautious of people in general when her brother disappeared when she was 8. He was on break from Hogwarts, going out with his friends, and never came back. One of her goals is to find out what happened to him, and if he's alright.

When she was 7, her younger brother Wyatt was born. After Asher's disappearance, Adrienne took over the role of oldest child and protector. She promised Wyatt that if he ever needed help, he need only owl her while she was away and she'd do her best to help him. Over the years, she taught him everything she knew about Muggles, Wizards, Quidditch, etc.

Hogwarts Years: During her first five years at Hogwarts, Adrienne was an excellent student, working more at classes than at making friends. Her OWLs went very well, and her parents were extremely pleased. She always went home over breaks in order to see her parents and Wyatt. She's been happy overall during her time at Hogwarts.
    ((Hopefully I can add to this, at least in my character plot page, once I get into to hang of things and make relationships with other characters))

Adulthood: N/A

BEHIND THE CHARACTER

ALSO KNOWN AS: Lindsay

RP EXPERIENCE: 5 years (through other Harry Potter sites, and a few other fandoms here and there)

HOW YOU FOUND US: "Harry Potter Roleplay Forum"

MAIN CHARACTER: Adrienne Reynolds

PURPOSE OF CHARACTER: ...To roleplay as Adrienne? :fail:

RP SAMPLE: "Adrienne's Acceptance Letter: Age 11"
    Spoiler:
    It wasn't every day that an owl arrived at the Reynold's home. And the owl had never been for Adrienne before. So when Wyatt called her from downstairs, saying he had a letter for her, she practically flew down the stairs to get it from him.

Adrienne opened the letter as she walked through the doorway of the kitchen, feeling her parents' eyes on her as she did. As she read through the letter, she couldn't stop grinning. Wyatt leaned over her shoulder to read as she sat in a chair at the table. When she'd read it a few times, she handed it to Wyatt and turned to her dad, who was smiling at her over his newspaper. The pictures on the newspaper showed smiling wizards, who seemed to be celebrating with her.

"I knew this was coming - I mean, I hoped.." She corrected herself, "I mean, you'd said I was probably going to get in. I felt different all these years. And Asher got in."

"Adrienne, calm down," Her mum laughed, smiling at her as she rambled on.

"Yes, I had a good feeling you were going to get in," Her dad winked at her, folding his paper and putting it down.

"Can we go get my supplies this afternoon?" She asked hopefully, looking back and forth between her parents.

"Of course," Her mum replied, "Let me go get ready."

Her dad, knowing how long mum took to get ready, began telling her and Wyatt his favorite memories of Hogwarts, as usual.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate
Khaat Lupin
40 : Alumnus
NoneDirector
St Mungo's
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Khaat

View user profile

Re: Reynolds, Adrienne

on Sun May 26, 2013 12:05 am
Adrienne,

Welcome to PA! First, I really like your character. I really appreciate that you seem to be framing her up to simply be a classy person. She's not overly working to be a "hottie" and she's not afraid to speak her mind.

She has some of the elements of a Gryffindor but right now, she's more of a Ravenclaw to me. When I look for a Gryffindor, I'm looking for someone who, unquestionably, has unwavering loyalty to those she loves. Someone who is also deeply committed to the greater good at all costs and is willing to sacrifice herself for that. I'm seeing glimmers of that but not seeing enough.

Do you want to edit her for a Gryffindor, or would you prefer her as a Ravenclaw?

Adrienne Reynolds
20 : Alumnus
NoneDaily Prophet Journalist
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Addie

View user profile

on Sun May 26, 2013 4:10 am
I'm fine with either. I just wrote the two she seemed most like to me Smile I agree, though, the way I wrote it does make it seem that way. So that's fine!
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate
Khaat Lupin
40 : Alumnus
NoneDirector
St Mungo's
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Khaat

View user profile

on Sun May 26, 2013 11:16 pm
ok, then. i'll accept her and sort her to ravenclaw!

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum