Knocking Heads (Open)
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Knocking Heads (Open) Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Knocking Heads (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Knocking Heads (Open) Empty Knocking Heads (Open)

Post by Roger Connington Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Roger disliked how some of the healers made things complicated for patients. There seemed to be an unspoken rule that patients should be as terrified of what was happening to them as possible. He sighed, already correcting himself. 'That sounds unreasonably uptight, Roger. When did you turn into a geezer?'

He was in some hospital ward, routinely looking at the charts of some patients he'd personally made it a mission to keep track of. The charts were tuned into real time diagnostic spells, checking for things like blood count, blood pressure and the like.

'Oh I don't know. when have I been anything else?' he replied to himself, noting silently how insane he must be talking to himself in his head. And how eerily deprecating he was to himself, that's something he needed to look into. When he wasn't busy. Which, for a healer, didn't come by very often.

Roger Connington
Roger Connington

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Knocking Heads (Open) Empty Re: Knocking Heads (Open)

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:35 am

Jack had been visiting her Weasley's employee Andy today - naturally, she had been the one to bring him in. She wasn't sure what it had been, though she suspected some sort of spell had backfired on him and messed with his head. He had walked into work whooping like a crazy man and then began shaving his head.

He had only got halfway through before Jack had tackled him and wrestled him to St. Mungo's. She had stayed long enough to know he was going to get better with some attention from the Healers, and had begun to head out.

As she was heading out, a thought struck her. Andy had a weird thing about his hair - he was going to flip. She spotted the back of someone in Healer's robes and she approached, tapping them. "The guy in the third room down is going to need someone to grow his hair out, by the way."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger Connington Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:24 pm

Roger was startled into almost dropping the chart in his hands, cursing under his breath as he turned around.

"The guy in the third room down is going to need someone to grow his hair out, by the way,” a woman in robes told him, and Roger had half a mind to reply with a cold retort that he was busy. But seeing as he wasn’t busy at all, and this sort of response would be kind of counter-productive to his previous train of thought of being helpful to patients, Roger sighed inwardly and put on a moderately cooperative smile.

“Yes, of course,” Roger complied, not really knowing anything about the person or the patient she was talking about yet.

He started walking towards the room, stopping short of two steps to glance back at her. “I—what did you say his condition was for being sent to St. Mungo’s?”
Roger Connington
Roger Connington

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:49 pm

The Healer turned and Jack felt her voice catch in her throat. Dammit. Of course - of all of the random Healers she had to pick out, she had to choose the one person who looked like her late cousin. She had seen this guy around - she knew almost every Healer in Mungo's - and the sight of him always threw her a curveball.

He agreed to help out and Jack nodded, trying to figure out whether or not she should leave or stick around to help with Andy.

She tried to set herself back to normal. "I- uh, I didn't say. He, um, I don't know. He was hit by some sort of spell that made him act out. I don't know what sort of spell it was that hit him though."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger Connington Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:48 pm

If Roger noticed the way the woman's expression changed at the sight of him, he made no move to acknowledge it.

"No matter. It's probably on his chart. You'll have to come with me because I'll probably have no idea what this person's hair is like," he said. He made a beeline for the person's chart as soon as he entered the patient's room, raising an eyebrow at the name, but otherwise not commenting.

"This is unusual, since I'm not a hairdresser, but we'll see what we can come up with," Roger said with a quirk of his lips.
Roger Connington
Roger Connington

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:40 am

The Healer began heading towards Andy's room before Jack could invent a practical reason for her to not accompany him. She had not meant now, of course, but the Healer had apparently thought so. She looked around, a conflicted expression settling onto her features, and then, with a sigh and a groan, she followed the Healer into her employee's hospital room.

She scratched her head, anxious to leave, as she hovered in the doorway. "It just needs to be grown out again, because he shaved it. It was one of the side effects to whatever spell it was that hit him. I would have done it myself, but a very vocal nurse forbid me." Jack rolled her eyes.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger Connington Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:41 am

"Oh, well, if that's the case, then I unforbid you. That is, this patient's quite fine now, just resting." Roger looked over towards the snoozing patient and nodded. "No magical residue is around to interfere with the hair thickening charm, which I'm assuming a witch such as yourself knows," Roger said pointedly.

Roger went through the chart again to see if the patient had any listed potions for intake. He was going to have to call a nurse if the he did. Otherwise--he checked his watch--he was going to have to go for a quick bite of lunch.
Roger Connington
Roger Connington

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:26 pm

Jack nodded as he gave her permission to grow Andy's hair back for him. She circled around the bed and withdrew her wand, pointing it at Andy's temple. With a small flick, his hair sprouted from his now-bald skull and begun to curl about into his usual mop of long hair. She was tempted to leave it at a shorter, more presentable length, but she knew that would send Andy into a frenzy.

As her employee's hair grew, Jack could not help but eye the Healer with curiosity. It was ridiculous how much he looked like Elliot. She no longer felt any sort of pain upon looking at him as she had when she had first seem him after Elliot's death. Elliot had been gone for long enough that she had come to terms with his death - even if she still wanted to see Ne'Os pay. Now it just interested her that this man could look so very like her late cousin.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top