Ugh, why??
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Ugh, why?? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Ugh, why??

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ugh, why?? Empty Ugh, why??

Post by Viola Owens Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:07 am

Viola groaned as she trudged along the second floor corridor. Detention. How boring; she could be exploring the castle instead. Plus, her parent's wouldn't be happy if they found out. And she hadn't even done anything wrong. Well, not in her eyes anyway. That second year Ravenclaw deserved to be punched; he was picking on a first year, and that wasn't right.

But instead of being deemed a hero, or more appropriately, a heroine, Viola gained detention, and the Ravenclaw student didn't. Sometimes the world was just really, really unfair. Especially since there was no way Viola was going to be able to sit still for that long. Or not talk. Or write out millions of lines or whatever it was they did in detention. She was going to get in trouble again; she just knew it; no matter how hard she would try.

Viola stopped in front of the detention room door, stifled another groan, and pushed it open, not wanting to be late. Who knows, maybe the teacher would have a soft spot for her, being a first year and all.
Viola Owens
Viola Owens

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Ugh, why?? Empty Re: Ugh, why??

Post by Vivianna Varnes Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:12 am

Vivianna rushed down the corridor to the detention rooms. Uck, she was going to be late! For once, the reason for her destination wasn't because she'd gotten caught doing something, but rather because a fellow Slytherin had cashed in a favor. While Professors usually supervised detentions, prefects occasionally would was well, when teachers were busy or had prior plans. The Slytherin prefect who had been supposed to supervise tonight's detention, had decided that he just couldn't miss the small party happening that evening, and cashed in the single favor Vivianna owed him.

The fifth year had been completely alright with that, she hadn't had anything to do that night, and had been tired of owing her housemate anything. The witch hated being indebted to others, and this was far from the worst thing her sixth year acquaintance could have chosen. If anyone came in to check up on them, the Slytherin would simply tell the teacher that the prefect was sick, and had asked her to do it. Vivianna was a model enough student... she thought, anyway.

Pushing open the door, Vivianna stalked into the room. Noting that there was only a single student, wearing a Gryffindor tie, the girl allowed a smile to reach her face. "Alright, hello there, I'm going to be your detention proctor today as both the allotted Professor and prefect are indisposed," the teenager said charmingly. "So, I'll be needing your name," Vivianna added, walking up to the parchment list on the front desk.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 1004

Back to top Go down

Post by Viola Owens Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:48 pm

Was that even allowed?

Viola eyed the older girl suspiciously. Sure enough, she wasn’t old enough to be a professor, and there wasn’t a sign of a prefect badge on her robes anywhere. But was the girl telling the truth? Surely random students weren’t allowed to just take up detention duty. Maybe this was some sort of prank some older students were putting on her? The girl was a Slytherin, and they loved to upset Gryffindors whenever they could, right?

“My names Viola Owens. I’m a first year.” She started warily, “Are you sure you’re my ‘detention proctor’ or whatever? Don’t they have to get other prefects or professors to do that?”

Viola did know that questioning this girl’s authority, especially if it was legitimate, was not a good move, especially whilst in detention, as it could just make things a lot, lot worse for her. But, on the other hand, there was absolutely no way was Viola going to get tricked into anything. She wasn’t going to be that stupid. Detention was going to be bad enough without that anyway; and she didn’t need Slytherin’s laughing at her during her first year, that wouldn’t be fun. Plus, she’d probably end up punching someone else.

And then she’d just wind up right back where she started.

“Besides,” Viola added, “Why would you want to do this anyway? Supervise people in detention. Don’t you have better things to do?”
Viola Owens
Viola Owens

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:43 pm

Vivianna regarded the first year, she was a sharp one, Vivianna liked that. It really was a pity the girl was a Gryffindor, although the teenager could see why. If the younger student had been a Slytherin she might've been tempted to take her under her wing. None of the young Slytherin's were worth anything this year, in her humble opinion.

"Yes," Vivianna replied smiling, "I am your detention proctor. You're right in that they usually get other prefects to step in, but it was rather short notice so I got called in instead. And while I don't particularly want to do this, I'm just helping out a friend."

Leaning in closer to Viola, the Slytherin lowered her voice and said, "if you want the truth behind the matter, the prefect who was supposed to be here was an idiot and got himself hexed. Mum's the word on that though, the official story is that he's sick."

Standing back upright again, the teenager turned around and allowed herself a smile. That was the way to deal with Gryffindors and youngsters, make them think they had information that no-one else does and they'll keep it secret until their dying day. Really, that entire story was a lie and Vivianna knew it. The prefect was an acquaintance, not a friend, and he was partying, not sick or hexed. But this was Vivianna's element.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Viola Owens Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:08 pm

Viola couldn’t help a small smile while the girls back was turned. What an idiot that prefect was; getting hexed. She thought they were supposed to be smarter than that; well her prefects were smarter than that. Although, maybe Viola could work this to her advantage. Not having a prefect or teacher meant that she might be able to get out earlier then intended. Although this older girl did not seem easy to fool, with any luck she was easily bored; and so after a few minutes of this, maybe she would let Viola off, and not tell anyone.

“So,” Viola started casually, swinging back on her seat. “What am I supposed to be doing anyway? Just sit here and have a staring contest with you? Seems kinda pointless.”

Viola paused, mulling over her next few words. She tried appealing to the girls sense of justice, hoping that she had one. It was worth a shot. “Honestly, I shouldn’t even be here, that stupid Ravenclaw prick who was teasing one of my friends; he should be here. I punched him, yeah, but he deserved it. I don’t need to ‘learn any lessons’ by being here. I did the right thing.”
Viola Owens
Viola Owens

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:24 pm

"Well," Vivianna said, turning back around and sitting herself on the Professor's desk, "usually in detention you have to write lines, or clean without magic. It's not too bad really, just boring as hell. But, I don't think we'll do that. Instead, I think we'll just talk. After all, I'm not really a proper prefect am I?" The Slytherin winked at the first year. Really, this little Owens wasn't all to bad.

"Now, in detentions, the teacher will give a lecture on what you did wrong and what you should do instead next time. I think I'll do the same, just give you my version," the witch told the younger student, shifting a bit to get more comfortable. "An adult would probably tell you that in your situation you should go get a Professor. Don't listen to that. You're just leaving your friend alone with the bully, and it's doubtful he'll learn his lesson. Other students say the best idea is to go get at least one older housemate to scare off and maybe threaten the kid. That's a decent idea, but you have the downsides of maybe not being able to find a housemate, and possibly leaving your friend alone. However, it is the best idea if you're way outnumbered. You punched the guy, effective, but got you in trouble. What you should do, is wait until no-one's looking, hex him, and then get out of there. If it wasn't seen, there's no proof it was you, but he'll know who it was, and shouldn't mess with you again. Got that?" the teenager ended her lecture a raised eyebrow.

Vivianna wasn't even sure why she was teaching this little Gryffindor the basic tricks, but there was something she liked about Viola.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:57 pm

Hallie walked down the second floor corridor to detention. She had been late to transfiguration and using the 'I was in the library' had failed her yet again. Her professors had caught on to her now and knew her well enough that she was most likely not in the library. It was true she had been in there more often this year due to her NEWT's but she found the atmosphere too tense and serious, retreating to the common room or Great Hall during lunch to study.

She delved her hand into her robes and pulled out a chunk of nosebleed nougart that she had purchased from Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. She hadn't planned on getting detention and didn't feel the need to serve it seeing as she had other things to do: her defence against the dark arts homework! Placing the chew towards her mouth she turned the handle to the detention door and entered the room.

The seventeen year old halted her extending hand before returning the nosebleed inducing sweet to her pocket. 'I guess I won't be needing that then.' Hallie muttered to herself as she stared at the occupants. A Gryffindor first year she'd seen in the common room and a Slytherin student who she knew full well wasn't a prefect - she'd ran into the Slytherin prefects on far too many occasions.

'Is detention cancelled?' Hallie asked the students hopefully, her eyes bright and a smile sweetly stretched across her face. Hallie, her hand still in the pocket of her robes, crossed her fingers. It would be a good idea to study if her detention was off but a new idea had whizzed through her mind: flying! Hallie wasn't the best flyer, shed never made the house time but every now and then it was good to feel the breeze brush against her cheeks. The only problem was it messed up her hair if it was too strong a gust.
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:24 pm

Vivianna almost winced as the door opened. She'd been hoping that the little Gryffindor first year would be the only one with detention tonight, but it appeared not. The Slytherin, with her slight obsession with knowing names and faces, instantly pegged the newcomer as Hallie, seventh year Gryffindor. In other words, it couldn't have been much worse.

Looking towards the older girl, face both serious and innocent, Vivianna said, "No, not canceled, there was a bit of a problem with our prefect so I was called in last minute to proctor. I figured it could be a bit more relaxed though, since I know how annoying detentions can be. As long as you promise not to report me." By the time the Slytherin was finished talking, a joking smile lay upon her lips. Everything about her posture was relaxed, but her mind was screaming that Cooper had better fall for it.

"My list says that you must be Hallie Cooper," the OWL student lied expertly, she had no list. "You could do work or something if you need to, I'd be a mess if it were my NEWT's coming up," she continued, hoping to endear herself to the blonde. If this Gryffindor reported her, she would be screwed.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:38 pm

A smirk spread across Hallie's face. So the original prefer had asked her, a normal student, to step in. The fifth year had no authority over her just as Hallie had no authority over the Slytherin student. Despite this, to Hallie's annoyance, the Slytherin didn't seem that bad. Oh great. Now I am finding Slytherin's okay. Hallie thought to herself.

She closed the door behind her. Both doing work and flying her broomstick had left her mind. On the contrary she decided to stay in detention. The Slytherin seemed rather relaxed and she felt somewhat Motherly over the first year who she knew to be called Viola - only because other first years had been screaming her name so much in the common room. If this Slytherin was doing a detention then she'd best watch Viola's back. Hallie didn't want her Vivianna abuse her so called 'power', not that she would. After all, she did seem rather laid back.

'I think I'll stay and talk to you guys.' Hallie replied whilst she walked to a table by Viola, throwing her bag on the chat and perching herself on the edge of the desk. 'To think I was almost going to give myself a nosebleed to get out of this nuisance.' Hallie remarked, her eyebrows elevated and another smile spread from cheek to cheek.
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:04 pm

"Cool," Vivianna said with a shrug, while internally rejoicing in the fact that the older Gryffindor would be staying. She had expected the girl to at least get a little angry that a younger student was in charge of the detention she in, but the blonde had been quite cooperative. Hallie would likely be keeping a close eye on her just because of her house, so she'd have to be a bit careful, but other than that everything was good.

"So, Cooper," the Slytherin started saying, "what did you get yourself landed here for?" It was a reasonable enough question, the most basic detention conversation starter there was. Besides, Vivianna really wanted some more information on this girl so she'd be able to pin her down. Not knowing very much at all was not something the redhead was used to, and definitely not something she liked.

The only non-Gryffindor in the room found herself wondering if Hallie and Viola knew each other. It was possible, they shared a house. Besides, weren't all lions supposed to be friends? The teenager was sure that she'd heard someone once compare the house of red and gold to one giant family. It was an odd thought.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum