Chang, Claire
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Chang, Claire Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Chang, Claire

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chang, Claire Empty Chang, Claire

Post by Claire Chang Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:55 am

Shocked *criessssss* No!!! Ughhhhh!!!! I will not do this again right now. I am too mad at myself Sad I just wasted about 2 hours worth of my time. Unbelievable. I almost finish my application, only lacking the roleplay sample! It was good, but because I went to another tab, I accidentally exited it out.. grrr... This happened twice! The first time it was okay because I am not even halfway there, but now... Mad Mad Sorry, guys. I will do this again when I calm down and this time, I will make sure to do it first in a Microsoft word... Sad

Chang, Claire 544405_10151293680951666_664449675_n

CLAIRE MARGARET CHANG
______________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION

FULL NAME: Claire Margaret Chang

NICKNAMES: Clairebear, Marga, Maj

ALLEGIANCE: Now that I know more about this, I want her to be neutral for now. But since I posted and cannot delete my post, Claire is in Potter’️s Army.

HOGWARTS HOUSE: Ravenclaw

CLASSES: Charms, Potions

WAND: 9” Maple with Unicorn Hair, unyielding

PLAY BY: Yoon Eun Hye

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOUR: Naturally, her hair is black like her mom. She often dyes it though so it is not surprising to see her having a red hair, or a different shades of brown hair.

EYE COLOUR: Black

COMPARATIVE HEIGHT: She is 5’️5 so average?

BODY BUILD: Thin physique

GENERAL APPEARANCE: Having her mom's eyes, hair color, and face shape while her dad's nose, lips and skin complexion, Claire is a mixture of her parents. She stands at 5'5, her eyes black, and has a long, dark hair that she likes to style often. She prefers to wear a little make up, usually a lip gloss and an eye shadow. Claire is definitely proud of her beauty, but every time she compares herself to her mom, it is when she secretly feels "ugly" because of how gorgeous her mom is. Her clothing style is usually elegant and sophisticated. She loves to wear skirts and dresses than say shorts, pants, and t-shirts. Claire doesn't have a tattoo, thinking it will only ruin her skin, but she does have a scar on her shoulders.

PERSONALITY

STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES:

(S) - logical, intelligent, Potions, singing, dancing, boys, comforting people, lying, beautiful, social skills, remembering names, Charms

(W) - Judgmental, quick tempered, COMC, being organized, sports, impatient, household chores, stubborn

LIKES & DISLIKES:

(L) - drawing, photography, dancing, flying, reading, flowers, popularity, Winter, sweets, heights, parties, shopping, eating, outdoors, Astronomy, running

(D) - dogs, Spring, commitment (more of like scared of it so it is a bit contradicting with her "hidden" personality), coffee, spiders, storms, getting up so early in the morning, being ill

GOALS: To be successful whether it is her chosen career in the Ministry of Magic once she graduates or her own family someday.

HABITS & QUIRKS: biting her lower lip, twirling her hair, tapping foot, humming, sleeping late at night

BOGGART: To end up like her mom (being a single parent)

PATRONUS: When she was six, performing on stage while her family including her dad was watching her perform.

DEMENTOR: After her dad left them and having to start from the beginning. It was a struggle.

VERITASERUM:

1. She regrets breaking up with her first love and up to now, she still wishes she could go back in time.
    2. She saw her dad with his family once. They were happy, and it made Claire mad that she walked up to them and slap his dad in the face before running as fast as she could. She decided not to tell her mom about it.

MIRROR OF ERISED: Finding a guy who will always be there for her and love her no matter what

PERSONALITY: Claire is very loving to little kids and is very sweet, but when it comes to people her age, she is having a hard time to interact with them in a friendly manner. As a result, Claire always gets into a fight, although she could easily get out of it with her wits and charm. She is stubborn and is proud of her beauty that can come out as arrogant and boastful. Very few people knows who she really is and who understands her. She's very careful in opening up to other people because she is scared that she will only get hurt. Claire is also very independent. She doesn't want to depend on people and wants to take care of herself that can cause problems along the way. Another thing about her is the fact that Claire is intelligent like her mom Cho, but pretends to act stupid at times. She doesn't want to be labeled only as a "brain" so as much as possible, she stays away from it.

FAMILY & POSSESSIONS

FATHER: Her dad's name is Kwan Lee. He is a muggle (Korean).

MOTHER: Cho Chang, a Ravenclaw alumni. She is now currently working at the Ministry of Magic.

SIBLING/S: ___ Chang, fourteen, and also a Ravenclaw

OTHER: -----

BLOOD STATUS: halfblood

RACE: human

SOCIAL STATUS: low middle class

PET/S: a snowy owl named Jackie

OTHER POSSESSIONS: a charm necklace given by her dad when she was little

CHARACTER HISTORY

Early Years: Claire was born and raised in Korea, not knowing anything about the Wizarding World. At a tender age, she went to school and learn all about the Korean culture. Her early interest of ballet and singing developed when her parents decided to give her an instructor and study about it every weekend. Around the age of eight, it was when her dad left them for another woman. She saw her mom struggled to raise her and her brother all by herself. Her mom was a housewife for as long as she could remember. Claire then decided to quit her lessons of ballet and singing to focus on her academic studies and help her mom. After a thorough decision, Cho finally told her and her brother about the Wizarding World and how she grew up. Because Claire was very young then, she had a hard time understanding why her mom would left the world she grew up in and chose to live a normal life. When the Hogwarts letter arrived, it was the reason why Claire was not surprised to received it, but was instead anxious.

Hogwarts Years: Knowing what the Hogwarts houses are, Claire was very nervous when she reached the school. She was very scared that she will end up in Slytherin back then (now a lot of her "friends" are from this house without revealing much of her background to them). As the sorting hat touched her head, it only took a few seconds to hear that she got sorted into Ravenclaw, and it made her very happy. Claire didn't realize that it was not the only challenge she will face. As she began to settle into the school, she had a hard time adjusting with magic and started to miss her mom and brother. Obviously Claire couldn't go home so she devoted most of her time in her studies. Her hard work paid off of course, getting excellent grades. The downside of it though, Claire always got teased as a geek. Her awkward physical appearance and her shy personality then didn't help. This is where the "Clairebear" nickname came from, hating this nickname because she thinks it is an insult. At the middle of her third year, she lost it, getting tired of being teased, especially by boys. Claire transformed herself and became what she is today, losing a true friend in the process.

Now that she is a sixth year and is almost a seventh year student, Claire is deciding which department in the Ministry of Magic she will be interested in once she graduates with the help of her mom. She used to have ideas what she wants to do when she finally graduates, but none of them really interest her anymore. Before coming to Hogwarts, her childhood dream was to become a professor. She realized it doesn't suit her, and she will only lose her patience to her students. She also wanted to become a Healer because she loves plants and Potions and is good with it, but it doesn't work out for her after becoming an "intern".

Adulthood: Not yet there

BEHIND THE CHARACTER

ALSO KNOWN AS: Maureen

RP EXPERIENCE: 8 months more before my four years

HOW YOU FOUND US: I can't recall anymore, but it is probably a topsite

MAIN CHARACTER: Claire. She's my only character here at PA

PURPOSE OF CHARACTER: To have fun rping. I love Harry Potter a lot so being with people who love it as much as I do and interact with them is great!

RP SAMPLE:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Claire Chang on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:24 pm; edited 9 times in total
Claire Chang
Claire Chang

Number of posts : 65
Special Abilities : Telekenisis

Back to top Go down

Chang, Claire Empty Re: Chang, Claire

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:58 pm

Claire,

Let us know if there is some way we can help.

K.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22485
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Chang Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:13 pm

Thanks Smile I am okay right now. I had been busy with RL so this time, I am taking it one at a time and making sure I am being careful. Hopefully before this day ends, I will be finish by then!

EDIT:

FINISH! Smile Let me know if I need to edit some things. I am very open with anything, especially because I am still learning who "Claire" is and how I should RP her.
Claire Chang
Claire Chang

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:53 pm

Claire,

You're starting to shape her up nicely, but by 16, she'd be learning what some of the wizarding skills are that she either does well or not so well. You said she likes potions and not magical creatures. But i'd like you to give a bit of extra thought about her as a witch. For example, is she good at charms? Or transfiguration? Harry was a good flyer, Hermoine was good with remembering spells. Remus was good at dueling, etc....Has she started to show any magical talents that make her shine? She's going to be an adult in a couple years. What are you shaping her to do as a grad?

k
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Chang Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:03 pm

Alright so do you want me to add more information when it comes to her academics to her personality or to her history? I know that she is good at Charms and Potions, is so so at DADA and at Transfiguration. COMC is where she is having a hard time. Also dueling is not her forte. Flying is something she is natural at because of her mom but that's pretty much it. She likes to fly, but not for a career. So far, I only know that I want her to work in the Ministry. Thanks for your input!
Claire Chang
Claire Chang

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:10 pm

I'm interested in what you think her magical skills are going to be when she graduates a little over a year from now.

For example, there are some folks who are good at healing. Some that are good with all sorts of charms like levitation and things that make them good for work in some of the various departments at the ministry. Some that are good herbologists and are great at making potions. I'm just asking you to think about where you want her talents to start to connect with what she'd be starting to think about wanting to do when she graduates.

You could always just say she wants to work in the ministry but she doesn't have a clear idea about what she wants to do there. And then let her develop as you use her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Chang Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:26 pm

Well now I understand better. I added more in her Hogwarts years history and got more specific in her goals. Let me know if you want more than that, or if I am doing exactly what you want me to do!
Claire Chang
Claire Chang

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:36 pm

Ok. That works for me. Give me a minute to sort her and then you'll be good to go.

Accepted and sorted into Ravenclaw.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Chang Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:50 pm

Thank you for the nth time!
Claire Chang