Dixon, Erika

Dixon, Erika

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dixon, Erika

Post by Erika Dixon on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:02 am

ERIKA DIXON
______________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION

FULL NAME: Erika Dixon

NICKNAMES: Rika, Dick Razz

ALLEGIANCE: Neutral

HOGWARTS HOUSE: Ravenclaw, maybe a closet Gryffindor

CLASSES: Transfiguration, DADA, Potions

WAND: Cedar, serpent scale, 9 and 3/4 inches, stiff

PLAY BY: Natalie Portman

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOUR: Dark brown

EYE COLOUR: Hazel

COMPARATIVE HEIGHT: Average

BODY BUILD: Slim, slightly bony with prominent ribs, shoulder-blades and collarbones. Slender wrists and ankles, trim figure

GENERAL APPEARANCE: Erika tends to be on the thinner side of things. She has a ballerina's figure, with long hands and legs, and tapering fingers. Her long dark hair is wavy, almost never brushed, just tangles separated with fingers. She prefers to let it flow down her back, and hardly ever ties it or braids it. Her eyes are large and dark, with tiny wrinkles around the lips and eyes, and her complexion clear and cream-ish. Always seen in Muggle tees, loose tops and jeans, in a casually girl-next-door look, the only Wizarding garb Rika is ever glimpsed in are her school robes.

PERSONALITY

STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES:
    Strengths:
    Unafraid of crowds, or of being judged
    Confidence in abilities
    Ability to compartmentalize, to shove away emotions when not required and deal with what is at hand. This is also a weakness in a way, because then Rika tends to avoid dealing with her issues
    Uncaring of physical appearance
    Creativity, imagination
    Philosophy
    Theoretical intelligence
    Weaknesses:
    Fear of being chained or enclosed, which is why she shies away from human touch
    Loose link with reality
    Not very good at physical activities, low stamina
    Often builds up imaginary worlds around herself to avoid facing the truth
    Loneliness
    Gives off the impression of being 'cracked in the head'
    LIKES & DISLIKES:
    Reading, writing (primarily fiction/fantasy)
    Stargazing
    The outdoors
    Talking to Brenda (in other words, the 'voice inside my head')
    Dislikes:
    Large insects
    Animals of any kind
    Human touch
    Clingy, over-affectionate people
    Being enclosed, trapped

GOALS: One day at a time. One day at a time.

HABITS & QUIRKS: When Rika was at the impressionable age of seven, she read a book 'Adventures of Marvelous Children Over the World', where she first encountered the energetic talented protagonist, a Canadian girl named Brenda. And so Brenda became her first imaginary friend. As Rika grew up, so did Brenda, and after the incident on her eleventh birthday, Brenda became a comforting voice who Rika spoke to at all hours of the day. Now at the age of fifteen, Brenda isn't an imaginary friend, but a part of her, a snarky/bubbly alter-ego who she talks to, and thus, often gives other people the impression that she isn't quite right in the head.

BOGGART: To relive the nightmare, all over again.

PATRONUS: All memories preceding her eleventh birthday

DEMENTOR: (Refer to character history)

VERITASERUM: (Greatest Secret; Optional)

MIRROR OF ERISED: When casually asked, Erika gives the usual answers: 'being accomplished, famous, rich, successful etc' But hell, at the end of the day, she wishes that the next morning, all her fears would miraculously disappear.

PERSONALITY: Rika is quirky, to say the least. She likes to think of herself as friendly and outgoing, until the person tries to shake her hand, that is. She often talks at length to Brenda, in midst of conversation with another person, so appearing a bit loony, and maybe rightly so. Her behavior is slightly paradoxical, in the way that she is entirely unafraid of crowds and talking in front of people, so often speaks up in class and is a master quizzer and debater in her Muggle school(she calls it the Brenda side of her). But the moment someone tries to touch her in any way, maybe even a friendly platonic hug or pat on the back, and Rika immediately withdraws into her shell like a scared mouse. She's proud of her talents, but ashamed of her weaknesses. To face each day, Rika has a tendency of throwing away all feelings, ignoring what is right in front of her, a Utopian. But she has never quite moved on from her memory of 9th April, 2022.

FAMILY & POSSESSIONS

FATHER: Blake Dixon

MOTHER: Agatha Dixon nee Young

SIBLING/S: Carson Dixon (elder sister), Reid Dixon (fraternal twin brother), Barbara Dixon (fraternal twin sister, deceased) [Barbara, Reid and Erika were triplets]

OTHER: none

BLOOD STATUS: Muggle-born

RACE: Human

SOCIAL STATUS: Lower middle class

PET/S:
    None.

OTHER POSSESSIONS:
    A pair of faded, rusted brass telescopes

CHARACTER HISTORY

Early Years: Erika Dixon lived the first eleven years of her life as a happy, confident, somewhat whacky girl. Her father mostly stayed out of the country, but she was adored by her mother and elder sister, and got on swimmingly with her same-age siblings, especially Barbara with whom she shared an almost telepathic relation. The Dixon triplets were highly popular in school, irrespective of not being rich.

But of course, as in all stories, there had to be a rapid twist in this one.

9th April, 2022. The just-turned-eleven Rika Dixon was woken up by the tapping of an owl on the window-pane. The Dixons were ecstatic when both Reid and Erika were accepted into the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. This meant celebrations, a family outing. However, Barbara threw a tantrum in the middle of the restaurant, and ran out in a whirlwind of complaints and tears. Erika followed her without thinking, through the busy roads of London, through grungy lanes and narrow alleys. She ran and ran, panting, crying, calling out.....and came upon her sister surrounded by three mangy-haired, snide-lipped ruffians, tattooed all over, swirling long pieces of wood between their fingers.

The next moments were like a blur. Red flashes of light, a scream. A harsh, panicked voice: Petrificus Totalus. Rika crashed to the floor, mouth open in a frozen scream trapped in her throat. Three or four muscled arms hoisted her up roughly, a clang as the garbage dump cover was tossed to the floor, and an erstwhile ten year old was dumped in the dark with her dead sister, the cover closing with a bang.

While waking from sleep, have you ever been stuck in a half-conscious state? When you think you're awake, but no matter how hard you try, you can't move? You scream, but your jaw refuses to move? You're trapped, a prisoner worse than in the smallest cell, trapped in your own body.

It took time for her parents to find them. Rika, Body-bound for more than three days, along with Barbara’s cold, rotting body wrapped around her. The magical doctors, who called themselves Healers, judged that Barbara had died when her heart stopped due to five stunners. Erika survived, because of her magical abilities, and because of the Body-Bind. That was one of the last times her parents ever stepped in the magical world. When Rika returned home, she walked up the stairs to her bedroom, and ripped her letter to pieces.

Reid soon left for Durmstrang. Rika’s great-aunt contacted the family, and revealed she was a witch. For four years, Rika was trained, barely, in the basic magical arts. She didn’t mind theory, thrived on it in fact. But when it came to casting spells, especially hexes and jinxes, Rika refused outright. She was alright, of course she was. She attended Muggle secondary school, and shone there like always. But her old friends shied away from her gradually, a side-effect of talking to yourself and freaking out every time someone made physical contact. But Rika lived on. Therapy was soon discontinued, the psychiatrist diagnosed her as mentally fit. After all, she wasn’t traumatized. Not really. No mental illnesses. She had only been body bound for one hundred and ninety two hours after all. She wasn’t traumatized. She was only a fifteen year old girl, scared of hugging her mother, only a fifteen year old girl, scared of touching her wand.

Hogwarts Years: If Erika, and her parents had had their way, then she would have quietly appeared for her OWL’s at a Ministry-approved centre. But procedure demanded that she should attend Hogwarts, at least for her fifth year. And so Rika packed her trunk, and set off for the school, resigned but determined. After all, she was only going to be among..w-wizards for a year. One year. Unless she found something worth her while. Unless she found a reason to stay.

Adulthood:

BEHIND THE CHARACTER

ALSO KNOWN AS: Kiera Smile

RP EXPERIENCE: Three and a half years, if I'm not mistaken

HOW YOU FOUND US: Ads on other sites

MAIN CHARACTER: Albus S Potter

PURPOSE OF CHARACTER: Wanted a student character

RP SAMPLE:
    Spoiler:
    The hairy nose twitched and quivered, sniffing about the hem of her skirt.

Its alright. Hang in there. Its alright.

I can’t move. It was a dull realization, echoing in the confines of her mind. I can’t move.

She was crying, she dimly realized again. Salty drops inched slowly, creeping over her numbed cheeks. The tear tracks itched. But she couldn’t move.

The nose twitched further, as the furry little head of the rat disappeared under her skirt hem. Eleven-year old Rika longed to whimper, to sob. But her lips wouldn’t cooperate. And the cold arms wrapped around her chest were too heavy.

“You killed me.” Barbara whispered in her ear.

She’s dead. She can’t talk.

Barbara’s icy arms wrapped around her chest further, choking, squeezing the air out of her lungs. “You killed me Riri. And now you’re going to Hogwarts for your OWL’s. I should be going there. Not you.”

You weren’t fifteen when you were stuck there. You’re dreaming. Snap out of it.
    Barbara was wrapped around her so tightly, that she couldn’t understand where she ended, and where her sister began. Enfolded in the embrace of death. There was nothing to stop the cold, sour, cloying air hitting her ears as her twin hissed, “You took everything that was mine. You don’t deserve it. You deserve to die.”

Snap out of it.

Erika gasped and sat upright on her bed, taking painfully deep, lunging breaths. Her leg jerked violently, as if to pelt away a crawling rodent, never really there. Her eyes glimpsed her mother’s long-fingered hand inches away from her shoulder, as if wanting to comfort, but knowing better.
    Rika breathed again, working her jaw. She didn’t have the strength to see her mother’s pained eyes now. “Sorry.” With an almost inaudible word, Rika’s bare feet hit the wooden floorboards and she ran, out of the house, out of the walls. It was only when she emerged on the balcony and glimpsed the open skies that her erratic heartbeat began to slow down.

Sleeping outside again?

“I can’t help it. Not as brave as you.”

Brenda’s voice was oddly quiet as she replied back. But I am you.

Last edited by Erika Dixon on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Erika Dixon
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 138
Species : Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dixon, Erika

Post by Darius Dolohov on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:21 pm

I know that its not my right to say something, but I just wanted to inform you that Emma Roberts is taken already by Avis Summers who belongs to me.
So that you know...
Darius Dolohov
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 137

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Erika Dixon on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:50 pm

Oh......Emma Roberts wasn't listed in the Face Claims list, so I posted there.
Erika Dixon
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:00 pm

We'll have to work out the playby situation; I can provide a few options instead of Emma.

It's a very good application. The only problem I have is the 'Brenda-side' of Erika as it is treading the thin line that is mental illness; and as a rule we don't really have it just in case it triggers anyone. I think it needs to be toned down a bit and made into more of what Erika would like to be as opposed to to Brenda being her own individual in the back of Erika's head.

Otherwise, it's good!
Elijah Krum
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 4807
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Erika Dixon on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:16 pm

Well, its not any mental illness like multiple-personality-disorder, because Brenda never really 'takes over' Erika. Basically, Erika's just named the snarky voice that most diplomatic, quieter people have at the back of their heads. A teen version of an imaginary friend, if you will, that Erika talks to to calm herself and gain control over the situation. But I do see your point, and I'll definitely tone it down. Smile

Oh, and I would definitely appreciate playby suggestions Smile
Erika Dixon
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:42 pm

Off of the top of my head I'd say Miranda Kerr would be a good one. I'll keep looking.

See, I'd rather play it safe. It avoids any nastiness and upset. My only problem was that it was cutting it fine. But an imaginary friend is fine. (:

Just don't let it be too much of her character.

Alright! Accepted and sorted into Ravenclaw! Very Happy
Elijah Krum
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 4807
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content