Crewe, THEODORA PENELOPE
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Crewe, THEODORA PENELOPE  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Crewe, THEODORA PENELOPE

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crewe, THEODORA PENELOPE  Empty Crewe, THEODORA PENELOPE

Post by Sunny Dyllan-Thomas Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:15 am

Crewe, THEODORA PENELOPE  Tumblr_lz3c1oVgpZ1qbmkoko1_1280

Theodora "Teddy" Crewe
______________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION

FULL NAME: Theodora Penelope Crewe

NICKNAMES: Teddy, a name she both resents and accepts.

ALLEGIANCE: I was sort of hoping she could belong to both. As a reporter, she wants to get the full scope. She would be disguising herself at meetings. If not, it's all good.

Otherwise, her allegiance is to the story.

HOGWARTS HOUSE: Really not sure. She has some of the traits of Slytherins, but she is a muggleborn. She has some of Ravenclaw, but her intellectual thirst is really only held for mysteries. And she is incredibly brave and fearless, but not always for noble reasons. Help me, PA Lords!

CLASSES: Transfiguration and Charms

WAND: Hornbeam, 91/4, Manticore Hair, rigid.

PLAY BY: Emma Harvard

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOR: Blonde.

EYE COLOR: Steely grey.

HEIGHT: A rather unremarkable height. Mid-sized, closer to shorter size.

BODY TYPE: Thin.

GENERAL APPEARANCE: Teddy is a rather unassuming, but pretty, girl. She has a natural beauty that she does little to maintain. Her only real beauty quirk is the meticulous attention she pays to maintaining her eyebrows. Mostly, she lets her blonde hair do as it will and she disregards her pale skin for the most part. She does not work out but she keeps active and it keeps her in shape.

Teddy's sense of style varies. She is very practical and wears what she finds necessary to wear. When there is no occasion dictating her choices, she wears whatever she can find.

PERSONALITY

TRAITS:
    +hungry for knowledge
    +sneaky
    +fierce
    +determined
    +not empathetic
    +cunning
    +radically honest
    +prying
    +calculating
    +focused
    +vain
    +arrogant
    +impulsive, at times
    +dedicated
    +meticulous
    +ambitious
    +blends in
    +intelligent
    +obsessive
    +good at Transfiguration
    +fearless
    +hostile
    +manipulative
    +insensitive
    +well intentioned
    +academically advanced
    +blocking out hurt
    +conversation
    +fashionable
    +defensive
    +guarded
    +emotionally swayed but hides it
    +insecure
    +entitled
    +left handed

CHARACTER LIKES:
    +reporting
    +uncovering the truth
    +observing
    +detective work
    +Transfiguration
    +success
    +quiet
    +the truth
    +a mystery
    +controversy
    +cats
    +tea
    +taking a break to shop
    +professors
    +boys

CHARACTER DISLIKES:
    +distractions
    +lies
    +her own hypocrisy
    +failure
    +Care of Magical Creatures
    +most of her peers
    +commotion
    +Quidditch
    +being restricted
    +an unsolved mystery
    +her sisters
    +being forgotten
    +looking bad
    +bad hair days
    +dogs
    +flying - very frightened to fly

GOALS:
    +To do well in school
    +To get her parent's notice
    +To overshadow her sisters
    +She is trying to become an investigative journalist

QUIRKS:
    +Constantly looking for disguises
    +Pointedly honest- unless she is trying to get info (when she can lie like a charm) she is honest to a point that most people do not like her
    +hums old muggle songs
    +chews her lip

BOGGART: Being completely forgotten at home.

PATRONUS: When she was ten, she ended up uncovering that her muggle schools cafeteria was serving old food that was poisoning some of the kids. Her picture was put in the paper and her parents even took her out to a special dinner. Since then, she has had thirst for more.

DEMENTOR: Coming home after her first year. No one picked her up. A police office had to take her home.

VERITASERUM: She had a huge crush on this boy in her year, Adam, and he didn't like her. Now he constantly teases her, and yet, she still sort of likes him. She tries to seem more interested in her work to prove to him, and any of those who watch, that she doesn't have the time for him.

MIRROR OF ERISED: To solve all the mysteries that present themselves to her and to be (almost quite literally) the best at everything- top student, dating a catch, editor in chief of Daily Prophet, rich, etc.

PERSONALITY: Teddy should probably learn to be a kid. The girl is focused and determined to the cause she created for herself. Fun is typically seen as a distraction, rather than natural. She is brutally honest when left to be herself, but when she is digging for a story, she is marvelous at deception. Radically honest in one situation and a chronic liar in another, the girl has identity issues and thus does not relate well with her peers. She mostly resents them and condescends when speaking to them.

Her thirst to know the truth is honorable, but the extent she will go to find it is frightening. She sees punishment and death as options that are there but not to be worried over. She fully accepts that possibility. Her family and her friends (if she has any) worry over her. She does not have time to worry about them however. So much to be done.

Most of her 'career moves' come from her need to prove herself. She wants her parents to be proud, her sister to be jealous, and any cute boys she might come across to like her. She believes she has been a person easily forgotten and bitterly uses this to her advantage by using the times she has been ignored to spy. Perhaps if someone were to show her some kindness, her walls could break down.

FAMILY & POSSESSIONS

FATHER: Dominic Crewe

MOTHER: Elinor Crewe, nee Resch

SIBLING(S):
    Merry, 24.
    Jannette, 22.
    Rosaline, 20.

OTHER:

BLOOD STATUS: Muggleborn.

RACE: Human

SOCIAL STATUS: Higher low class - Lower middle class

PET(S): Black cat named Watson.

BROOMSTICK(): No.

OTHER POSSESSIONS:
    +Journals
    +A trunk full of disguises

CHARACTER HISTORY

Early Years: When Teddy was younger, she was left pretty much to her own devices. As she was walking, her older sisters were all entering puberty. As she entered school, they were all going on their first dates. When she was performing well in school, they were graduating with no honors. The problem was, they have moved out, but not far. They all live close to home, and most with boyfriends, so they often move back in for times. Teddy felt the pangs of being cast in a shadow. She performed wonderfully in school but most of it went relatively unnoticed. When she turned ten, she had a run in with some lunch ladies that led to her start in investigation. Still, her sisters seemed to need her parents attentions. It was when they were out celebrating Merry's birthday that Teddy received her letter. The representative came and was surprised to find her alone. Teddy had all of her questions asked, and then had the representative inform her parents, on their return, that she would be going.

Hogwarts Years: The bug was in her. She entered Hogwarts and was sorted after a great deal of thought. Her first few uncovered stories were simple. Why did blah and blah have detention, where did the teachers go when not in their studies, etc. She performed well in school, particularly in Transfiguration. Her second year, she uncovered the four common rooms and the kitchens. Third year uncovered secret passage ways and secrets of her peers. Her goal this year, Potter's Army and Dark Followers infiltration.

BEHIND THE CHARACTER

YOUR NAME: Jackles

RP EXPERIENCE: what?

HOW YOU FOUND US: You came to me in a dream.

OTHER CHARACTERS: Jack, Naomi, Sofie, Ellie, Cliff.

PURPOSE OF CHARACTER: I want a character who is trying to uncover what is happening with factions. That means stalking. I like stalking. Also, I figured it could give PA and DF something to do if they think they have a rat.

RP SAMPLE:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Theodora P. Crewe on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Child

Number of posts : 199

Back to top Go down

Crewe, THEODORA PENELOPE  Empty Re: Crewe, THEODORA PENELOPE

Post by Sunny Dyllan-Thomas Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:16 am

I'll do this tomorrow. I'm tired. -yawns-
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunny Dyllan-Thomas Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:41 pm

Done.
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:53 pm

ok , I'll get an admin to check it over as soon as one is available, shouldn't be too long Smile
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:08 pm

How is she going to be able to infiltrate the Dark Followers if she is a Muggleborn? Surely this is something that people are aware of?

Just to clear up confusion.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunny Dyllan-Thomas Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:49 pm

The plan is for her to form new identities to infiltrate. She has disguises- Hair dye. Wigs. Etc.
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:06 am

Jackles, honestly, to me she seems a little bit flat. I can see clearly what you want to do with her but that seems to be all she's about, y'know? She needs to have multiple sides to her because really, all she seems to exist to do is report goings-on. Now her fervour isn't necessarily a bad thing and I know that is her purpose but she needs to be a bit more three-dimensional. She seems a little bit rushed and hasn't developed properly. I think you need to take some time to revise her and figure her out a little bit more. She just doesn't seem to be ready just yet.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunny Dyllan-Thomas Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:11 am

I realize she seems to have one purpose but my hope was to start her off like that and have her slowly tempted by socialbl temptations and a need to have love. Especially as her journalist-ethics are challenged by the people she meets and interacted with.
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:06 am

*social temptations.

Sorry. I was on my Kindle.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:13 am

One purpose, I can just about allow but social temptations do not substitute a lack of character. She's very black and white and fairly underdeveloped in any other avenue than for that purpose. I don't want you to get bored with her, more than anything else. Haha. Give her just a smidgen more depth, eh? :3 Just a smidge. For me? Very Happy
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top