LONGBOTTOM, Alice Minerva
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONGBOTTOM, Alice Minerva Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONGBOTTOM, Alice Minerva

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONGBOTTOM, Alice Minerva Empty LONGBOTTOM, Alice Minerva

Post by Lily L. Potter Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:59 am

LONGBOTTOM, Alice Minerva Laura-marling-2

ALICE MINERVA LONGBOTTOM
______________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION

FULL NAME: Alice Minerva Longbottom

NICKNAMES: Al—her brother and father

ALLEGIANCE: Loosely PA.. Toys with the idea of DFs..

HOGWARTS HOUSE: Canon says Gryff.. I honestly have no idea. I don’t think Huffle…

CLASSES: Potions, DADA

WAND TYPE: cherry, veela hair, nine inches, delicate

PLAY BY: Laura Marling

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOR: blonde

EYE COLOR: brown

HEIGHT: five foot

BODY TYPE: slender

GENERAL APPEARANCE: Alice is very pale and looks frail and sickly. If she dressed more like a girl, she would look more dainty than anything. She now wears a lot of black and leather and boots. She does not wear makeup often, because it takes too much time and effort. She has a freckle on her right cheek close to her nose that stands out, a dark beauty mark against a pale, almost sunken in face.

Alice has pale blonde hair that she prefers to keep cut at a short pixie cut. Occasionally, her mother gets irritated and sits her down to grow it out to a length a little past her shoulder. At this length, her hair gets curly and messy. She had delicate fingers- pointed chin, almost elfish ears, almond shaped eyes, and ‘piano’ fingers. Her brown eyes are deep and draw you in, another jarring dark feature against her pale countenance.

PERSONALITY

CHARACTER STRENGTHS AND SKILLS:
    +Dance
    +Acoustic guitar
    +Potions
    +Singing
    +Style
    +Thoughtful

CHARACTER WEAKNESSES:
    +Dueling
    +Charms
    +Transfiguration
    +Mental stability
    +Remaining calm
    +Relating to others

CHARACTER LIKES:
    +Dancing
    +Music
    +Being Alone
    +Composing
    +Potionmaking
    +All art forms- paints
    +Mysteries

CHARACTER DISLIKES:
    +Dancing (she’s conflicted)
    +Loud people
    +Charms
    +People questioning her
    +Being lied to
    +Direct orders
    +Being ignored
    +Being written off
    +Feeling unappreciated
    +Leaving a mystery unsolved

GOALS:
    +To become a Animagus- preferably a fox or a peacock
    +To get a band and travel around like gypsies

QUIRKS:
    +Her family ALWAYS forgets her.
    +Serious moodswings- she can go from a dreamy state, to angry-veela status
    +Calls herself Detective A. Minerva Longbottom when she sees a mystery, puts on a trench coat, sticks a bubble pipe in her mouth, and sets about searching for the answer
    +Uses a monocle

BOGGART: Losing all of her talent.

PATRONUS: Her first dance recital- she was eight and she performed so beautifully, she was called out again after a standing ovation and asked to repeat her performance.

DEMENTOR: Finding the letter that revealed her darkest secret.

VERITASERUM: That she had a twin, but her twin died in the womb.

MIRROR OF ERISED: Herself, toruing with a group of like-minded musicians, and her sister with her.

PERSONALITY: Alice is very thoughtful, even if she does present herself as rough around the edges at times. She is known to slip into a thoughtful stupor, staring at the sunset or off into space, thinking about things way beyond the thoughts of a typical teenaged girl- what is death, what is limbo, how does one exist, that sort. The girl could look thoughtful and peaceful, lost in the stars, and then suddenly, if interuppoted, turn intoa spitfire.

Infalmed, Alice is tough enough to pull back her fist and pummel your face in. She has a quiet passion that, when lit, could burn down entire villages. She likes to speak in prose and quiet rhymes and whatnot, but upset, she can sound like a drunken sailor. Alice’s friends like to joke and call her schitzophrenic just because her personality can vary so much.

Alice claims art is her life. She will paint, write poetry, but her real passion is writing and performing music. She plays acoustic guitar, some piano, fiddle/violin, and she sings. She has a particular taste for composing and writing lyrics. Though she is really talented at creating music, her true abilities lie in performing to it- ballet. On the flipside, she loves art and thinks liberally, and yet has the analytical mind for potions. She is already successfully brewing Wolfsbane.

Alice is sort of the black sheep of the family. She and her brother don’t share their parent’s taste for herbology, but she seems to be forgotten more often than remembered. Frank is the perfect child, whereas Alice has been given detention countless times for countless reasons. Her parents have sent her to a few counselors, but she nearly always skips and forges notes claiming any and all problems are normal teen problems.

FAMILY & POSSESSIONS

FATHER: Neville Longbottom, 44, pureblood

MOTHER: Hannah Longbottom nee Abbott, 44, halfblood

SIBLING(S): Frank Longbottom, 19

OTHER: Augusta Longbottom, 80, great grandmother

BLOOD STATUS: Halfblood

RACE: Human

SOCIAL STATUS: Upper middle class

PET(S):

BROOMSTICK(): She can not fly.

OTHER POSSESSIONS: Acoustic guitar, strap, pick
    Extensive potions kit
    Ballet shoes and leotard- if only to torture herself a little

CHARACTER HISTORY

Early Years: Neville and Hannah created a warm house life. Their son Frank added to that by being a very happy little boy, playing instruments at a young age and being a bright young boy. When Hannah became pregnant, the parents were thrilled- even more thrilled to find that they would be having identical twins. They furnished the nursery with matching cribs, matching toy chests, everything. They could not wait.

When they returned from the hospital on February third, they placed Alice in her crib and locked themselves away. Frank watched his baby sister and went to talk to his mom and dad. At only four, he had no idea how much his question hurt his parents. “Where’s my other sister?” It was easier for them to tell him they decided one would be enough, and convinced him that there had never been another sister. To this day, Frank does not remember the loss of his sister.

Alice was sort of a peculiar child. She was the type to be perfectly quiet and still, then if you made eye contact with her, she would stare at you for a full minute… and then suddenly start screaming. Her parents were patient and loving but they were obviously a little more patient with Frank- he was the easy child.

Alice began dancing young, and her parents convinced her to join ballet- it was the one activity they could get her to do on her own that involved meeting other kids. She shined. People were brought to tears by her dancing. She continued on for a long time, earning recognition everywhere. When she was eleven, however, her life changed forever.

She received her Hogwarts letter, no surprise. The real surprise came when she began snooping about, as she was prone to do and she found a letter from her grandmother. What she learned from the letter was all about her twin, the twin that had died in the womb, that had lied against her for weeks, and had never seen the light of day.

She quit ballet, and focused on music. She drowned out her pain with the chords and began to slip more into depressive thoughts. She could not be as joyful and from there on out she took a darker stance on life.

Hogwarts Years: Alice did not pay much attention to others and never sought to impress her teachers- however it did happen. They could not help but be impressed by the girl, though their musings typically stayed to themselves and unvoiced. She went about her business quietly, only ever really investing in her Potions work. When she did not agree with a professor, she would voice her opinions. This earned her a fair few detentions.

Alice searched for musically inclined students to work with and possibly start a band with. She loved music and wanted to continue with it. Occasionally, she was tempted by dancing, but always remembered her sister and how she never got that chance to dance- and she could not consider dancing ever again. She joined PA out of familial obligations, but always considered DFs.

Adulthood: n/a

BEHIND THE CHARACTER

YOUR NAME: Jack

RP EXPERIENCE: 2 years

HOW YOU FOUND US: Jack told me

OTHER CHARACTERS: Jack, Peter, Emmett, Naomi, Reid, Dexter, [strike]Renny, Piper, Kendall, Frank, Mikki, Roxi, Wally

PURPOSE OF CHARACTER: To try and reinspire my muse. Those crossed out are charries I am giving up or trying to get rid of

RP SAMPLE:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Alice M Longbottom on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lily L. Potter
Lily L. Potter

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

LONGBOTTOM, Alice Minerva Empty Re: LONGBOTTOM, Alice Minerva

Post by Lily L. Potter Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:05 am

Done =)
Lily L. Potter
Lily L. Potter

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:06 am

Oh but I liked kendall...

Oh, I didn't know that Hannah and Neville got married, that's cute.

Anyway, a little dark for my liking, but otherwise a fine character, I just need one more class from you before I can accept.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:08 am

Oh poop. Forgot that.

Fixed.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:54 am

Righto. Accepted.

Oh, and will you go through and ungroup the accounts you're culling? Or do you want me to do that?
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:27 pm

I still have to make arrangements with people who have plots with them. That's going to be something I'm gradually doing over the next week or two- so you may see a thread or two that wraps things up, but I'm considering them inactive. Once I tie up loose ends, I'll ungroup.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top