HAYES, Melissa Adriana
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

HAYES, Melissa Adriana Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

HAYES, Melissa Adriana

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HAYES, Melissa Adriana Empty HAYES, Melissa Adriana

Post by Melissa Finnigan Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:21 pm

HAYES, Melissa Adriana Frida-gustavsson-gallery

MELISSA ADRIANA FINNIGAN
______________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION

FULL NAME: Melissa Adriana Finnigan. Meh-liss-ah‘It was 2008 when they were sitting on a worn, old couch in Uncle Dean’s house, trying to figure out what to call me. I was their first born but alas, I was not alone. I don’t know what was going through my parents’ heads but clearly they liked my brother better even then because I got the rough end of the stick. He has, by far, a better name than I do. At least his name is his by right. I was named after my dad’s, mum’s mum. Yep, I got given the hand-me-down name courtesy of my great-grandma. Cheers for that. I didn’t always hate the name, mind you; only since I’ve been at Hogwarts. The only reason I didn’t hate the name though, was because I was rarely called it. I go by Mille as a rule and I feel as if I’m being told off if I’m being called Melissa. As it is though, I’m usually in trouble so there is no change there. I don’t go out of my way to get in trouble of course. I’ve got that pesky Gryffindor trait. You know the one? Trouble finds me. And besides, I’m like my dad. If there is an explosion you should probably check with moi because I have his trait - I like to blow stuff up.’Ay-dree-ana‘Merlin knows I’d rather be called this over Melissa. Adriana is just so...weird, you know? I suppose it fits me in a way. Weird, I mean. Weird is good, don’t let any asshole tell you otherwise - y’hear? Weird unhinges people and I wish this would have been my name because it would have completely freaked out those slithery bastards that hang around in the dungeons. Yick. They creep me out. Besides, if I was Adriana then I’d go by Andy or something cool like that. It definitely beats Millie. Millie is something you’d name your freaking gerbil or whatever. I actually had a gerbil once and I named it after my brother. The gerbil died -- just, fyi. My mum liked this name. Thankfully someone had some sense. Adriana is a cool name. Clearly, my great-grandma beats Adriana on the scale of awesome. Gah. Just...whatever. One day, I will change my name and I will be known as Anna Sassin! Now say that really fast and listen to what that sounds like - pretty cool, huh?’Finn- You say it with a bloody Irish accent. There is no other way of pronouncing it.‘My dad’s name, and my dad’s, dad’s name. It’s the family name, okay? It’s Irish - hence the reason why saying it with an Irish accent is the only proper way of saying it. It means hope or joy or something. I don’t know! Do you think I spend my time thinking about these things? If you do then you’re a fool. Please, I spend my time playing Quidditch. I am not about to spend my time wandering around wistfully thinking about where I came from or what my family did to get to this point. I’m not sad. How dare you insinuate I am with your insufferable silence. Asshole.’ - Mille then proceeds to shake her fist at her ‘interviewer.’ NICKNAMES: MillieMill-ee ‘Mille...as in Millie-Mophead. Merlin knows it’s better than being called Melissa. It sucks but it is a better alternative. Are we clear on that one? I was always called Millie - right from when I was little. I respond to little else now. I suppose I’d respond to b!tch if someone yelled it at me but personally, I prefer Millie. It makes me more of a person and it helps me forget about the fact that I was given the hand-me-down name (cheers for that, dad). My friends will often give Millie a shorter version - so I’ll be Lil or Mill or whatever strikes their fancy at the time. I might not like the name but I like it a damnsight more than I like Melissa and that is what counts here. Remember that, yeah? Millie is my preferred name. It makes sense in relation to Melissa and that is what I am called. Obviously the Professors don’t call me that - because they’re all too formal and stupid to care about what I want - but they call me Ms. Finnigan so I suppose that is better than Melissa - or nothing at all.’AGE: Fifteen. ‘It’s the middle ground, baby. I’m old enough to be taken seriously but not old enough to have to worry about getting a job or anything like that. Of course, I have a job but that’s not even the point I’m trying to make here. The point I’m trying to make is that I have youth and time on my side. I am in the best place right now, and to be honest, I don’t think there is a better age you can be. I mean sure...I have to do my O.W.L’s this year but whatever - they’re not important right now. I’ve got things to do, people to see, guys to meet in broom closets. The point is that I’m carefree and at my peak. No one can take my fun away from me now.’ BIRTHDAY: May 11th 2009‘Best day of the mother-fluffin’ year! Woo! I’m always at school when it’s my birthday so it’s awesome! For the last couple of years, my friends have thrown a party. Everyone is invited - except Slytherins of course - and it is rare for anyone to remember what happened the next morning. It’s brilliant. Last year was the best. I still don’t remember it but if the pictures are anything to go by then it was brilliant. They’ll be good for blackmail too if I need it. I probably will. You know how slimy Slytherins are. Yeah, I can’t believe it either - one came. Of course he wasn’t by his lonesome but from what I can tell...it was a blast with them there. If I remember correctly - but don’t quote me on this, baby - a lot of people got laid that night. A LOT of people - including yours truly! Yeah, baby! Woo!’ALLEGIANCE: Potter’s Army. ‘My dad is big on this; no idea why. If I had my way then I wouldn’t belong to any band of knobheads and musktwateteers - the latter being the swash-buckling idiot version of the musketeers, of course. I had to join; both of us did - and by both of us I mean me and the brother-bot. Brother-bot 1.0 loves Potter’s Army, however, Failure-Child 1.0 hates it. It sucks, seriously. It’s filled with whiny brats preaching about how great Harry Potter was and how great Potter’s kids are and how we will supposedly triumph over the Death Eaters and rule the Wizarding World in a fair, democratic way. Hurray! Right, yeah, whatever. It’s fun once we start hexing people but that is equally loathsome when you’ve got to wait half an hour so one kid can get it. Some are going to survive against the Death Eaters and others are not. Me, I plan on surviving and I’m not going to wait around for someone else and lose my life just because they can’t remember how to cast a Leg-Locker curse.’ HOGWARTS HOUSE: Gryffindor. ‘DUN DUN DUN! It’s not that surprising, jeez. I take after mum and dad. I’m a Gryffindor. Thankfully that is something they got right. What I suppose they don’t realise is that the hat was leaning towards Slytherin. Thinking about it now, I don’t regret my decision. I wouldn’t have fit in there with those slimy gits. Merlin...they’re disgusting. No, I like it in the Gryffindor common room. I like it in Gryffindor in general. Sure my brother is an ass but I can get over that well enough if I just ignore him. Gryffindor students have more fun than all of the others and every Headmaster Hogwarts has had will be able to vouch for this - Gryffindors get up to more mischief! I play for the House team, too; or at least, I used to. Last year I was injured and my mum decided I wasn’t going to play anymore. Apparently broken ribs and a dislocated arm - or whatever it was - is a problem. I loved being up in the air, though. I plan on getting back on a broom this year. Balls to her rules - it isn’t as if they mean anything anyway.’ CLASSES: Playable classes - Defence Against the Dark Arts, Potions, Charms, Transfiguration and Care of Magical Creatures | Non-Playable classes - Divination, Ancient Runes, Arithmancy, Herbology. ‘It may be a chore but once I get there, I love being in class. My timetable changes every day so I never, usually, have the same lesson in the same time block every day. The Head of House designed it so that I could take all of the electives I’d chosen and I’m so glad he did. On Mondays, after DADA, Potions and Charms in the morning, I have Transfiguration and Care of Magical Creatures in the afternoon with a free period in between. On Tuesday it is much of the same, except with Divination and from there it goes on.  I have to say my favourite lesson is Divination - out of all of them. It comes so easily though I have to say the same about Herbology. I adore being knee deep in mud trying to salvage my produce from its dirty grave. It provides an excuse from writing a letter home every evening. Divination has to be my favourite though - simply because it is so easy. I don’t have to try, it just comes to me. I take a few extracurricular classes, too. I take Muggle and Magical Art as well as Muggle and Magical Music. It fills up my free periods and it most certainly keeps my mind occupied. Somehow though...I always seem to still make a nuisance of myself - despite what should be a lack of time on my hands.’WAND TYPE: Sycamore, 12 inches, Augurey tail feather, sturdy. ‘This was my first wand. I got this in Ollivander’s in the summer before my first year and I’ve kept it ever since. I can never quite forget the odd look the man in there gave me when I bought it. My brother had a perfectly normal wand where as mine showed an affinity to an a completely different art. The apprentice that worked there had said that it showed I wasn’t destined to become a blockheaded Gryffindor like my brother. I assume now that that boy had been a Slytherin. He was right - but only half right. Blockhead, I am most definitely not, but I am a Gryffindor through and through. So he was half wrong. I might not be a blockhead but despite the Slytherin tendencies I apparently showed, I can’t help but feel welcome in Gryffindor - I can’t help but believe I actually fit in; and I do. The wand, although unique, has no sway over that.’ PLAY BY: Frida Gustavsson.

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOR: Blonde. Thick and full of life, Millie has the hair that many girls wished they have. She takes after her mother in this sense. Lavender always looked after her hair during school and Millie, although she doesn’t put nearly as much effort into it as her mother did. Millie is just lucky that her hair is as healthy as it is and that it does as she wants it to as readily as it does. Her hair is mistreated a lot of the time. She throws it up in messy pony tails and rarely brushes it out. Yet, with a bit of magic, everything is put right again and her hair is as full of volume as ever. She likes to experiment on it from time to time. She’ll dye it this colour and another colour in preparation for potions and it seems that within a few hours and a couple of showers later it always returns to its original blonde colour. That is the same magic that makes her hair grow back after having been hacked off by her mother so she looked less like a mop head and more like a presentable young girl. Magic directed towards appearance seems to run through the Brown blood in Millie’s veins - through her mother, into her and into Brother-Bot 2.0.EYE COLOR: Bright Blue.Another one of her mother’s traits - but this time mixed with her father’s. When Millie predicts things, her irises will swirl in colour and become the bright, almost glowing blue that her great-grandmother once possessed. The colour is said to be unnerving but nothing has ever been mentioned to Millie pertaining this colour. Otherwise, her normal eye colour is a subtle yet pretty bright blue that makes her eyes pop against her pasty skin. Her eyes are set into her face and don’t look out of place at all in relation to the other features. Her eyes may be just slightly too far apart but it is barely noticeable. She likes to outline her eyes with eyeliner more often or not but she’ll rarely put eye shadow on. She usually only does that during Halloween or when she’s feeling a little bit on the adventurous side make-up wise. Otherwise, she settles for the gentle definition eyeliner gives.HEIGHT: 5’8 Tall for her age, but not tall for her family. She and her brother stand at similar heights, with Brother-Bot being the taller of the two. The twins have their father’s genes in that they are doomed to be horrendously tall. Millie doesn’t seem to mind this but it is hardly conspicuous when she’s trying to run away from an oncoming explosion or from wand-wielding Slytherins that want to give her what for. Her long legs often get twisted up and so she more often than not ends up flat on her face thanks to her gigantic height for someone so young. It does help when she’s arguing with her Professors though. She’ll rise, literally, to their challenge and will bite back any retort they demand of her. She matches the height of the boys in their sixth year and some of the girls in seventh year. No one can claim that she is short - unless of course that person is some sort of half-giant. BODY TYPE: Thin, wiry. With her height, it is only expected for Millie to be as thin and wiry as she is. She hasn’t got the Beater’s build she could have really done with considering her Quidditch preferences. No, Millie is tall, slender and willowy, just like her mother was at her age. Though Lavender wasn’t nearly as tall, she was tall for her age and had the thin frame and the slightly understated - but noticeable all the same - chest size. She is a little bit out of proportion really but she is still growing and her mother has eased her fears that she is going to forever be this giant with too long arms and excessively long legs. GENERAL APPEARANCE: The most annoying thing about Millie’s appearance, from her point of view, is how innocent she looks; and for those who accuse her of things she often does and does not do, that is a real irritation as well. When she was a child, Millie was always being compared to a sprite or a fairy or some other woodland creature that was created to wreak havoc. She looks innocent and always has done. Her parent’s suspect that she will always look like butter wouldn’t melt in her mouth. It isn’t until she gets that devilish look in her eye and that impossibly large, mischievous grin pulls her lips upwards that she begins to look more like the devil she actually is. Her innocence ends at her appearance because in her personality she is anything but innocent. That is what makes her so easy to overlook at times and sometimes that works quite well for Millie - other times, it doesn’t as much. She has beautiful hair; her mother’s hair. When Lavender was her age, she took great care of her hair and seemingly, that treatment ended up in the form of a gene that went into Millie’s genetic makeup. Unfortunately though, she doesn’t look after her hair as much as her mother did. Millie was gifted with effortlessly good hair and so as a result, she rarely looks after it. It is lucky to get a brush in the mornings - usually just a run through with a comb - and it’ll be thrown up into all manner of different hair styles; whatever suits her mood really. It is often windblown to all of the flying she does and she experiments with a lot of the hair colour potions her little helpers make on herself so she’ll wander around with rainbow coloured hair for much of the week before it finally washes out and becomes her natural blonde again. The magic that works on her hair is the same kind of magic that makes it grow out after she’s had it hacked off after a trip to the salon - preservation magic. Millie’s delicate little face has little flaws to it, apart from the normal critical opinion humans give. She bares no scars and very rarely gets acne that teenagers are prone to getting. She’ll get a spot or two often enough - and at the most ridiculous times - but they’re easily gotten rid of. Millie has a fair few moles on her face though - the largest being in the middle of her left cheek. She also has one on the skin above her upper lip - a teeny-tiny beauty spot - and one below her bottom lip in more or less the same place. Other than that she has a few little, barely noticeable moles and a couple of little birth marks that are just as noticeable as the barely noticeable moles. Millie doesn’t believe in much make-up and so she has her trusty eye liner pencil. That is about it though. She’s the type to lick her finger and rub it against a girl’s cheek to see how much crap she can get off of her cheeks. Make-up is not Millie’s thing and half the time, her eyeliner is used to draw on other people and not to outline her eyes. Millie’s dress sense has literally, no sense what so ever. She doesn’t look like she dresses in the dark but she hardly looks like she knows what she’s wearing. She likes big bursts of colour everywhere but she also wears more sedate things. It’s been commented on many a time before and Brother-Bot seems to think that Millie’s choice of dress reflects her mood - and it does, in a way. She’s a jeans/t-shirts kind of girl but she’ll wear heels and the like when the event calls for it. You won’t catch her dead in a dress but she’ll wander around with next to nothing on without a care in the world. She likes stealing clothes from the guys, and is forever rummaging through her brother’s trunk in search of some clothes to steal from him. She loves sleeping in shirts that are too big for her and will always steal socks from people - though why is unknown. Occasionally she will wear something half decent and formal and she has been told that she does scrub up nice.However, Millie is more of the ‘looks better with clothes off rather than on’ type and so she’s more likely to be wearing very little or  nothing at all - and aren’t you a lucky thing if you’ve caught her in the latter.

PERSONALITY

GOOD TRAITS: 001. Passionate. 002. Opinionated. 003. Faithful and Loyal. 004. Thinks outside of the box. 005. Worldly aware. 006. Resourceful. 007. Intelligent. 008. Creative. 009. Sweet - when it suits. 010. Perceptive. BAD TRAITS001. Bad tempered. 002. Impatient.003. Snarky. 004. Argumentative.  005. Sarcastic.006. Reckless. 007. Lazy. 008. Irrational. 009. Outspoken. 010. Bossy. CHARACTER LIKES:001. Pirates. 002. Explosions. 003. Caffeine. 004. Playing Quidditch. 005. Energy drinks. 006. Gryffindor Parties. 007. Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes.  008. Firewhisky. 009. Christmas presents! 010. Converse sneakers. CHARACTER DISLIKES:001. Tea. 002. Pumpkin flavoured things. 003. Slytherins - unless she’s sleeping with them. 004. Pureblood elitists. 005. Being exploded. 006. Butterbeer. 007. Her mother’s disapproval. 008. Detention. 009. Being caught. 010. Trips to the Headmaster’s office. GOALS: 001. To have tea/sleep with a Death Eater. 002. To FINALLY blow up the Slytherin Common Room. 003. To work with George Weasley. 004. To become a Prefect of Awesome. 005. To meet Lucius Malfoy. 006. To find herself a nice cohort to conspire with. 007. To ‘drop in’ on a Dark Followers meeting pretending to be a Pizza Delivery man. Yes you heard right man. 008. To fill her brother’s bed with gerbils that only respond to clicks. 009. To sleep with all of the boys in her year bar Brother-Bot. 010. To find the Slytherin Hit List.  QUIRKS: 001. Draws moustaches on people. 002. Has a light pyromania. 003. Names her pets after Death Eaters - when she gets to name them of course. 004. Plays with her lighter. 005. Uses tomato sauce as a weapon. 006. Drums her fingers on her leg. 007. Licks her lips when in thought. 008. Wears four watches on her right arm - one for each time zone she deems necessary to know about. 009. Likes to blow things up. O.o 010. Carries a stop watch with her everywhere. 012. Puts shoes on left foot first.013. Falls asleep on her stomach, wakes up on her back with her legs in the air. 014. Strokes her imaginary beard. 015. Carries sporks with her. 016. Likes walking over the top of cars. 017. Can’t stay still.018. Carries an enchanted mirror with her to look round corners for her. 019. Hates leaving taps running. 020. Treats Lucius-Kitty 1.0 as a conspirator. BOGGART: ‘The Look’ ‘It’s the look mum gives me, okay? It’s terrifying. She just looks...disappointed. I know it sounds weird because usually I don’t care about whether or not my mum actually approves of what I do. A part of me is desperate for her affirmative - for her acceptance - and I don’t often get it. It’s when she’ll turn and her upper lip will curl ever so slightly - not quite a sneer but the movement, however subtle, still displays the same amount of disdain a sneer does. She lifts her head upwards and inclines it in that particular way that makes her nose look more pointed. Her eyes will slant to the side and she’ll look at me out of the corner of her eye. Her eyelids will slip over and she’ll glare, her eyes still sparkling despite the shadow cast over them. Her shoulders will straighten and she’ll flex her hands by her sides, as if willing herself to keep control. I’ve only seen that a handful of times and each experience was as horrible as the past. I don’t always need her approval but it’s when she’s dead set against what I’ve done or what I want to do that she gives me this look. It’s when I’ve come home after a Quidditch match black and blue because I’ve gotten into a fight...she just makes me feel guilty and that’s the form my Boggart takes. Okay? Moving on...’PATRONUS: First Deliberate Explosion of the Potions Classroom. Her Patronus takes the form of a Dragon emerging from a ball of fire. ‘This was second year. It was eight thirty, just before potions started, and a load of those bloody insufferable Slytherins were outside waiting like the good little swots they were. Two dozen firecrackers and a hell of a lot of gunpowder went into that little exertion and I have to say I pulled it off. Obviously the gunpowder is charmed and stuff. You think I’d be able to carry it around if it actually did what the Muggles used it for? Please. It chars. It doesn’t hurt anyone it just sort of explodes and covers whoever is there in this horrible black powder. That’s exactly what happened to the Slytherins, too. Their eyebrows had been singed off and they were covered in the powder. Now, I’ll let you into a secret. The powder can be altered with a couple of spells and as long as you give the magic in the powder a template, when it covers people, it alters their appearance. So these Slytherins were wiping off the powder and they had hooked noses, eight eyes, and bright pink hair - the works. Some were even decorated in Gryffindor colours. It didn’t take them long to figure out that it was yours truly though. Kinda gave it away, I did. Rolling around on the floor laughing is hardly conspicuous. Three weeks of detention was pretty crap but hey, it was worth it to see the poor sods every colour of the rainbow.’DEMENTOR: Near-Drowning. ‘Twatface Brother-Bot 2.0 claims he doesn’t remember it. We were barely old enough to walk, let alone swim, but the ‘rents took us to the beach not too far away from where we were living at the time. Brother-Bot and I wandered off and went missing, effectively. We were gone for hours apparently, but it felt like mere minutes. We’d ended up by the rock pools and were inspecting the sea life that had made the pools their homes. It got late faster than either of us noticed or anticipated and as we were hopping across the rocks, the tide started to come in. Brother-Bot decided to be the good little brother he was and grabbed my hand to keep me from falling off - but he slipped. He fell into the water and dragged me with him. It was a wonder we survived really. I don’t remember much after we fell in the water but I can remember the paramedics...and then the healers....and then mum and dad. It’s all a bit fuzzy. They won’t let either of us swim in the sea anymore. A pool is fine as long as there is a Lifeguard but no ocean-swimming.’VERITASERUM: She mooned the Potions Professor during Detention. ‘He enjoyed it. No comment.’MIRROR OF ERISED: Owner of Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes. ‘I see my name in pink neon - don’t you? Millie Finnigan - Prank Extraordinaire. Kinda has a ring to it don’t you think?’AMORTENTIA: Blossoms, Coffee, Fish and Chips, Firewhisky. PERSONALITY: There is a painter in the Wizarding World, rumoured to be more famous than all of the famed ones that walked Europe today. She is a woman that, after witnessing the death of her lover, could no longer see happiness and could no longer feel the joy life gave. Only the sadness and the destruction can be viewed by such a woman. But that is what makes her art so special. She paints the dark side of those that sit for her and Melissa has always wondered what her painting would look like if she sat for the artist. Melissa isn’t nearly as dark and as brooding as she likes to think herself though. In fact, she is quite a light and open witch for someone with as many destructive traits as she has. Melissa seems to favour standing in the grey. She doesn’t like the light way of dealing with problems and she most certainly doesn’t believe in the Pureblood/Death Eater way of thinking. She will offer her services to the highest bidder but when it comes down to it, her own personal allegiances are the ones that matter. Like most Gryffindors, Melissa is brave to the point of stupidity and yearns for the adventure and danger that Gryffindors seem to attract. Again, like most Gryffindors, she is active in her distaste towards Slytherin students. The pranks she plays are usually directed towards the Slytherins - or Hufflepuffs if there is no one else around. The Slytherins bear the brunt of her offensive though - everything from random explosions to potions in their Pumpkin Juice. Melissa isn’t always the one making the components needed for the pranks though. Spiking drinks with potions is not her bag as she is truly terrible at the subject. Instead she usually acquires the help of a forward thinking Ravenclaw who would know how to tweak and change potions about a bit. Millie is the brains and the brawn when it comes down to it but she doesn’t have the talent to create some of the things she needs. She’ll tinker around with the gunpowder and the fire crackers and create fuses that would set it off but she doesn’t have the capabilities in enough areas to do it all by herself. She does however, have the creativity to think of it. So that’s something. Melissa is famous for her lip. She has little to no respect for those who old authority over her and is more than willing to give someone a bit of verbal if the need calls for it. She’s argumentative and hot headed like many of those who found solace in Gryffindor House. The problem is that she is not the type to let go of something once it is started. If she is given a reason to lash out then she will take it. She has gotten into more fist fights than she has magical ones because, in the heat of the moment, she tends to forget she is a witch and tends to just go for the jugular. She always seems to come out of a fight fairly intact though. She’ll have some bruised ribs and a black eye no doubt but she’ll look fine in comparison to the other person. This is because Melissa seems to anticipate the moves of the other person. She’s always done it, in everything she does. She can always tell what will work and what work and with pranks she can often tell who will get hit by whatever she’s set up and who won’t. This is because Melissa is actually a Seer. She isn’t aware of this fact, however. To Melissa, what she can do, what she can feel, is not something out of the ordinary. The fact that upon looking at the horses on race days and pick out first, second and third isn’t ridiculous at all - it’s just pure luck. She inherited the ability from her great-grandmother - her namesake - and since her great-grandmother was probably the only person that could identify the ability in her, it has never actually been revealed to her. So while she unknowingly cheats during games of Blackjack in the Common Room and bets on the right house to win a Quidditch game, it has never occurred to anyone that what they have in hand is a Seer. It isn’t just her own personal gain that she can see though. Melissa foresees death. She has never actually given a proper prophecy but she has dreams and sure enough, that person dies. If she were to pay attention then she would also find that touch is very telling, that she knows things about people that she otherwise wouldn’t have had she not come in contact with them. The ability to see into the very fabric of the people she comes in contact with is a rare one, in Seers and in Melissa herself. It happens fairly often but not enough for her to dwell on it. None of her abilities connected with her precognition surface often enough for her to notice. Or perhaps they do and she really is just too preoccupied to pay attention to it. Many times, Millie has been told that she is ‘weird’. She doesn’t believe that, that is strictly true. In fact, Millie believes that she is the most normal person in, quote, the ‘mother-fluffin’ building’, end quote. This doesn’t say a lot for the population of Hogwarts. Melissa gets up horrifyingly early in the mornings and spends most of her time planning new heists for her and her cohorts to take part in. She’ll spend most of her time there, scribbling on various bits of parchment. She likes to keep her mind occupied. However, if she wakes up after a particularly horrifying dream or something of the like, she’ll be out of the bed faster than you can say ‘Quidditch’. Melissa has never reacted particularly well to dreams and it would make sense for her to clamber into her brother’s bed and camp with him until it was absolutely necessary to get up. However, morning hugs with her brother doesn’t quite fit the bizarre reputation she’d made for herself and so she will climb into Trent Thomas’ bed and sleep the morning away. In her defence, he doesn’t seem to mind and the little spats she has with Brother-Bot because of it are, from her point of view, entirely worth it. Little Brother-Bot is protective and Trent gives nice cuddles. Millie adores seeing the look on her brother’s face as she rolls out of Trent’s bed with the intention of returning to her dorm room. Of course it isn’t just Trent who is lucky enough to have Millie as a bed warmer. She’ll crawl under the covers with any one of the slumbering Gryffindor lads and they’re all willing to put up with her for a night. She’s definitely favoured by them for a few reasons - the first being because she’s a Quidditch fiend like most of them and the second because it’s better off making nice with Millie than it is being her enemy. She’s known for her light pyromania - though that isn’t what she’d call it necessarily. She loves fire as much as she loves explosions. She’s the type that would put an aerosol can on a bonfire just to see it explode. Beyond her crabbiness, her argumentative streak and her involuntary need to make every Slytherin life hell, Millie is actually quite a nice girl. She’s insufferably loyal and does not take no for an answer. She’d give up her life for those she cares about most. She’s just stuck in that teenage rut where she believes everyone is out to get her and if they’re not an idiot already then they are well on their way to becoming one. She’ll grow out of it soon no doubt.

FAMILY & POSSESSIONS

FATHER: Seamus Finnigan | Forty-Five | Quidditch Coordinator at the Department of Magical Games and Sports | Order of the Phoenix Member. ‘I love my dad. At times he drives me bonkers but I really do love him. Ever dinner time we’ll find something to argue about across the table with each other; whether that be politics, my detentions, Quidditch or everything in between. He won me with the first broom he bought me. While mum was trying to shove make-up and witch weekly down my throat, dad bought me a broom. He always takes me flying now and I know he’d love to see me playing for a Quidditch team. Unfortunately though, I’m not the best of students and so while I’m at my peak of Quidditch fitness, my grades are crap, basically. Everything weighs on those though and so my dad and I are usually at odds about things concerning Quidditch and my involvement. I hate arguing with him because he’s always been so good to me but we clash at some of the worst times over the silliest of things. Usually it’s something to do with me being caught harbouring Fire Crackers or being plonked in detention because I punched that smug cow from Slytherin in the face - I will always defend myself by saying that she deserved it - and it never ends well. I have to say I am a daddy’s girl but that doesn’t mean we always get along. As much as he loves me being into Quidditch, I know he’d like a little girl to defend and lock away from boys instead of having to go up to the school and defend me from expulsion and the repercussions of being caught in a broom closet with some poor sod who was just looking for a good time. I know that my dad is aggravated by me more often than not and I know I cause him a lot of grief. But, c’mon, it’s been fifteen years for goodness sake. Shouldn’t he know by now that if there is an explosion at Hogwarts then his precious little girl is clearly to blame? Love you, daddy.’MOTHER: Lavender Finnigan née Brown | Forty-Four | Professional Gossip Journalist for Witch Weekly | Order of the Phoenix Member. ‘This woman is a nutjob, I don’t care what anyone says. I love my mum as much as I do my dad but she drives me absolutely bonkers. She’s just insufferable at times. She’s brilliant when you want to go shopping for something and some of my girlier friends bond better with mum than they do me. She’s my mum. She carried me for nine months, gave birth to me - all that lark. That doesn’t mean we have a bond though. I’m what my brother should have been/kind of is. It’s as if she had two sons instead of a son and a daughter - the words of her mother, not mine. I try to make myself presentable to my mum when I’m at home. I can deal with the disappointment that I cause them usually but I hate that one look she gives me. It’s so subtle and so cutting that I’ve gone out of my way to make’ sure I never actually have to face it. It’s not quite a sneer but it’s a gentle curl of her upper lip. She inclines her head in that particular way that places her nose higher and makes it appear more pointed. Her eyes slant to the sides and she observes me out of her peripheral vision. Her eyelids slip over the majority of her eyes, lidding them until all I can see is the faint, but burning, glow of her eyes. That look, that body language..it burns straight through me every time and so I make sure that I am at least vaguely presentable from her point of view. I still try to be me but the arguments I have with her aren’t fun. No argument is. A part of me wants her approval but her approval means not being me. I don’t want to step out of my own identity just so she’ll accept me properly. I know what she wanted out of a daughter and I do feel slightly guilty for not being able to fulfil that but it’s too late to try and change what I’ve become. I do want her to love me though - for me. I want her to stop thinking about my bad choices - even if she has every right to judge me for them. I just want her to accept that the gunpowder, the snarkiness and the recklessness is me and that I’d never be content with spending the rest of my life gossiping like a silly school girl.’SIBLING: Elliot Finnigan | Fifteen | He has a job somewhere in Hogsmeade as far as I know but I don’t go out of my way to find out these things | Potter’s Army Member. ‘Brother-Bot 1.0 is my twin so technically he should be Twin-Bot 2.0 because he’s the baby. I love my brother but he isn’t allowed to know that - it’s strictly need to know.  My brother is the perfection that mum and dad wanted. Obviously he’s a prat - otherwise he wouldn’t be perfect - but he’s a good guy. He doesn’t know how to have fun, that’s his problem. He chases girls like I chase whoever suits my fancy at the time but he doesn’t prank the way some of us Gryffies do. He’s got his wand up his arse and he’s wound a little too tight. HOWEVER, when he’s drunk he’s bloody hilarious. When drunk, Brother-Bot 1.0 is anything but uptight because he’s downright frisky - hence the reason why I love parties so much. He’s a great guy for a fair few reasons. Number one, I swear to Merlin we’re telepathic and number two, he’s an encyclopaedia of useless shizz so he’s unbelievably useful when I’m in need of homework help - which I am more often than not. I argue with him too. I swear to Merlin there is no one in this family I don’t argue with. Brother-Bot is hilarious when he gets angry. His ears go read and steam comes out of his nose...you just have to see it. Love him to bits though. That doesn’t mean he’s any more sane and that doesn’t mean I won’t put itching powder in his underwear drawer! I might love him but I still try out pranks on him!’ OTHER/IMPORTANT RELATIONS: Extended-Finnigan Family, Brown Family, Thomas Family,  Weasley Family, Potter Family - Gryffindor families in general. BLOOD STATUS: Half-Blood. RACE: Human. SOCIAL STATUS: Upper-Middle-ClassPET(S): Gerbil named after her brother, Owl named Godric and a Cat named Lucius.  BROOMSTICK(S): Nimbus 2000, Nimbus 2015, Nimbus 2023OTHER POSSESSIONS:+ Muggle and Magical Cameras. + Quidditch Gear.+ Unspecified amounts of Gunpowder. + Unspecified amount of Fire Crackers. + A silver lighter. + Unspecified amount of matches.

CHARACTER HISTORY

Early Years:A cold May evening was the backdrop to the birth of the Finnigan twins. Lavender and Seamus had scarcely been married a year before the two were conceived and the young couple barely made it through the doors of St. Mungo’s in time. Melissa and her twin brother were born at a quarter past eight on that chilly Monday evening. There were little difficulties and they were able to go home the same way - whether they were actually well enough to go or because the hospital was overrun was a matter up for debate amongst the family at the time but much of that has been forgotten about in years gone by. Of course, the labour was a painful one. Up until the point of labour, the healers had had no idea that there were two babies - they’d only been aware of Melissa throughout the pregnancy and that had been because  Melissa had been covering - ‘cuddling’, as Lavender liked to tease - her little brother and obscuring him from view. The fact that they were twins came as a complete surprise to the young parents and so when they took the two home, it was a mad rush to find a house that would support a family of four.Melissa was named after her great-grandmother who, like herself, was a Seer. A month or so later, in late June, the Finnigan family moved out of the little two-bedroom flat Lavender and Seamus had bought when they’d first gotten married. They moved to a four bedroom house in Wales and it was there on the Welsh coast that the twins grew up.It wasn’t until after the near-disaster at the beach a couple of years after they moved to Wales that Lavender actually went back to work. It was early August and the couple had decided to take their children to the beach. What they hadn’t foreseen was that the two would wander off. The twins’ curiosity nearly cost them their lives and the two can remember little of it. Millie can remember bits and pieces but her brother can remember next to nothing. They’d found the rock pools further up the beach and had been exploring when the tide - along with nightfall - came in. Millie’s brother had grasped her hand as they waddled across the rocks and he slipped, falling into the water and dragging her with him. Her screams alerted their father who had been searching tirelessly for them and he managed to pull the sopping wet pair from the water. Since that point, neither sibling has been able to swim in the sea. Lavender’s fear of losing them nearly prevented them from learning how to swim all together but she did eventually allow it - in a swimming pool that had two life guards on duty. After the episode at the beach, Lavender started work again at Witch Weekly. The twins spent most of their days with family friends and other family members and so their parents were allowed to forget their children for a while. Often, Lavender and Seamus would only make it back in time to read the children a story and tuck them in at night. As they began to get more and more involved in their work, the twins grew up without the parental guidance they needed. They were raised by those around them but their parents didn’t have the control they really needed to have over them. Millie developed a rebellious streak and so did her brother to a degree. It wasn’t until they turned six that their grandmother put her foot down and told Lavender and Seamus simply that if they didn’t sort their act out then she would go to the Wizengamot. So, much to the surprise of the children, they did. The parents started becoming heavily involved again and it was around that time that Seamus bought Millie her first broom. Lavender was understandably horrified but she was pleased that her husband was willing to teach the twins how to fly. Millie was a natural on a broom. Half of the time she could fly better than she could walk. It was at this point, when she started to fly, that her magic came into fruition. She’d always had little spots of it, while at school and such if she was arguing with someone, but it didn’t flourish quite like it did while she was on the Nimbus for that first time. It proved to her parents that she was a witch - and that was the most important thing she needed to show them as they’d never been around to know. After being taught how to fly, Seamus started to take his children to Quidditch games. This reinforced Millie’s boyish behaviours and any attempt Lavender made to turn her into a ‘proper girl’ failed with either a tantrum or something equally similar. Millie, in response to this, joined a lot of sports clubs that her school was running. It was a Muggle school and so it didn’t exactly cater for Wizards but she was friendly to all of the Muggles there. There were even, much to her surprise, a fair few Muggleborns slowly coming into magic there. So with every magazine filled with nonsense Lavender bought her, the more clubs Millie joined. She didn’t know why she was spiting her mother and she didn’t know why Lavender allowed it but it was something she did. She couldn’t explain to anyone why she did it but all she knew then was that it was a brilliant feeling to see the look on her mother’s face when her father signed yet another permission slip so she could take part in clubs.  It was during this time that Lavender and Millie really started to be at odds with one another. They got along well enough though and Seamus was, as ever, completely oblivious. On the morning of August 22nd, two dark brown barn owls swooped through the kitchen window and landed on the table top in front of the twins. One was for Millie and one was for her brother - both bore the Hogwarts crest. They’d been accepted into Hogwarts almost without question and it was on that very day that Millie was told about the Hogwarts Houses and it was there that they were told about the Wizarding World - about the real Wizarding World - and then, not even a week later, they found themselves in Diagon Alley, walking on the same cobbles hundreds of students had walked on before. Hogwarts Years: Hogwarts began for Millie at eleven o’clock on that bitter September morning. She clambered onto the train; both out of excitement and her need for warm, and immediately went in search of her friends who she knew to be going with her. They all bundled into one of the compartments and it was where they stayed throughout the journey until it was someone’s bright idea to go and prank the prospective Slytherins. One of them had said that you could tell which house a person was going into - and that it was terribly easy to pick out the Slytherins-to-be. So, with their Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes supplies in their pockets - yes, Millie had made sure she’d gone in there during her trip to Diagon Alley - they crept down to what was referred to as the Slytherin end of the train. There was the Gryffindor end, the Slytherin end and poor old Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw were squeezed between the two warring houses. This was what started Millie’s love for explosions. They rigged the doors of the Slytherin compartments and when they opened, they exploded, showering the students in a red and gold mist that left them swathed in Gryffindor colours for up to a week.  They weren’t best pleased but it was that that marked Millie’s pranking beginning and it was that particular prank that put her on the Slytherin hit list. She is determined to move up to Number One and has promised herself that she will - whether it takes the rest of her days or not. Millie’s encounter with the sorting hat is one that she will always remember. He was very sure that her place was within Slytherin house but Millie’s mind was already made up. She belonged in Gryffindor house - where her brother had gone mere moments before. So it was Gryffindor where she went. She launched herself off of the school, ran down the steps, pushed her way through the crowd and plonked herself on the Head Boy’s lap. From that point on she was not only a nuisance to the Slytherins but to everyone else too. They couldn’t quite shake off her endearing factors though. To Gryffindors, Millie was an angel. To everyone else she was either hellish, demanding or a complete and utter nutcase. For a long time, Millie followed her brother around everywhere - if only to annoy him - and she did so right up until December of her first year when she ran into the Slytherins whose lives she promised to make hell.That little fight gave Millie her first detention, her first warning and her first letter home. It was amazing to find that the reactions weren’t all together negative. Lavender hit the roof but her father was reluctantly proud of her -- result. From then on, Millie was the nightmare that no one wanted to walk into in a deserted corridor unless they truly had to. She began to carry gunpowder and fire crackers everywhere with her and it was while setting up her heists that she found she liked fire just as she liked the explosions that she caused. She was incredibly active in making the lives of the Slytherins hell - no matter what their age and no matter whether they were Potter’s Army inclined or Dark Follower inclined. Yet, despite her distaste for Slytherins, she developed a mild obsession with Death Eaters and as such she named her cat after Lucius Malfoy. Mr. Malfoy is the most pampered kitty you will ever see - irritating Lavender and Dean to no end as they would have rather she called him something sensible like Harry Potter instead of Lucius Malfoy. As Millie got older, she became more creative with pranks and in her third year she joined the Gryffindor Quidditch Team. As a ‘well done’ gift, her father bought her another broom - one she cherished right up until the moment she fell off the year before last. The broom broke as soon as she hit the floor and though Seamus was quick to get her another one; Lavender banned her from competing again. Since that little ‘blip’ as Millie likes to refer to it as, she’s been feeling rather uncomfortable and antsy with her current situation. This made her pranks on the Slytherins, in the run up to the end of the year, even worse than they usually were as she did it out of boredom, not because of the thrill of it. At some point, though when is not exactly known, she and her brother joined Potter’s Army - something that was not exactly a joy for Millie to experience. When the Second Battle of Hogwarts took place, they tried to ferry Millie out of Hogwarts. Instead, she stayed and helped rig a lot of the explosions going on around the Death Eaters and the Order members. She didn’t exactly help but she wasn’t useless either. She got out relatively unscathed. She had a few bumps and bruises but by comparison she got off lighter than everyone else. That doesn’t mean she went without her own problems though. Most of the battle she foresaw and predicted. She didn’t know how and she didn’t want to know how but she did it and she did it without fail. She watched people die in reality, not just her dreams. Millie doesn’t think much of it as a rule - the predictions - and she certainly doesn’t think about what happened at the battle.This year is her O.W.L year, one of the most important Hogwarts years. Really, Millie should be buckling down and getting to work but whoever claims she will is clearly a very silly person.

BEHIND THE CHARACTER

YOUR NAME: Amy ;D RP EXPERIENCE: TONS. two years in October, baby. ;DHOW YOU FOUND US: I can’t remember, okay?! *eats infernal question* OTHER CHARACTERS: Oh god. >.< Right. *whistles* ROLL CALL! Elijah Krum, Philippa Bennett, Athena Goyle, Ariel Greyback, Rafael Armstrong, Marcus Pattinson, Sevastian Krum, Jenifer Dent. I don’t actually know who I have forgotten. XDPURPOSE OF CHARACTER: Millie is here to give the Slythies a hard time This creation is not deliberate. Jack is behind me holding her wand to my back. *nods*  RP SAMPLE:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Melissa Finnigan on Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Melissa Finnigan
Melissa Finnigan
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 669
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

HAYES, Melissa Adriana Empty Re: HAYES, Melissa Adriana

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:48 pm

yes, i did really read the whole thing. ROFL!! You knew I would! accepted and sorted into gryffindor.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22298
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top